• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Client Removal Errors

D

Deacon

First, let me state that I know that this issue was caused by an admin removing a customer database and domain manually. That admin is being abused as we speak.

We have a customer who was having problems with their postgresql database. The database was deleted and therefore left an orphaned record in the plesk database. We tried to maually recreate the database, but we still are unable to delete the database.

We are unable to delete the database or update the database properly so that it can be removed. This prevents us from removing the domain and the customer.

Is there a way to force the removal of a database, domain, and/or customer. We tried using the database and client command, but neither of those worked. If the customer cannot be removed is there a way to see what information is expected by plesk so that we may recreate the entries and then remove them?

Thanks in advance for your help.

go into mysql
Code:
mysql -u admin -p`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow` psa

then look at the databases table and see if yuo can just delete the record manually
Code:
delete from data_bases where name = 'DBNAME';

Thanks. The whole think was a bit more messy than that, but you did get me started in the right direction. At first I didn't want to fix the errors by not using plesk... that's what got me here in the first place.

After all was said and done I moved entries from the psa database from three mysql tables. I then uninstalled postgresql and had psa reinstall it.

I stopped the postgresql service and update the service to use 127.0.0.1 instead of localhost (don't ask me why localhost wouldn't work other than a new bug)

I also edited postgresql to not use ident.

I restarted postgresql and was able to use the database command from the cli to delete the mucked up database. After the database was removed I was able to delete the domain and then the client.

Now I am able to recreate the client, domain, and database... just to find out that the client doesn't want the site. :D

Thanks for you help.

Back