1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Client Removal Errors

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by Deacon, Aug 25, 2008.

  1. Deacon

    Deacon Guest

    0
     
    First, let me state that I know that this issue was caused by an admin removing a customer database and domain manually. That admin is being abused as we speak.

    We have a customer who was having problems with their postgresql database. The database was deleted and therefore left an orphaned record in the plesk database. We tried to maually recreate the database, but we still are unable to delete the database.

    We are unable to delete the database or update the database properly so that it can be removed. This prevents us from removing the domain and the customer.

    Is there a way to force the removal of a database, domain, and/or customer. We tried using the database and client command, but neither of those worked. If the customer cannot be removed is there a way to see what information is expected by plesk so that we may recreate the entries and then remove them?

    Thanks in advance for your help.
     
  2. Amin Taheri

    Amin Taheri Golden Pleskian Plesk Certified Professional

    33
     
    Joined:
    Jul 5, 2007
    Messages:
    1,398
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Seattle Area
    go into mysql
    Code:
    mysql -u admin -p`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow` psa
    
    then look at the databases table and see if yuo can just delete the record manually
    Code:
    delete from data_bases where name = 'DBNAME';
    
     
  3. Deacon

    Deacon Guest

    0
     
    Thanks. The whole think was a bit more messy than that, but you did get me started in the right direction. At first I didn't want to fix the errors by not using plesk... that's what got me here in the first place.

    After all was said and done I moved entries from the psa database from three mysql tables. I then uninstalled postgresql and had psa reinstall it.

    I stopped the postgresql service and update the service to use 127.0.0.1 instead of localhost (don't ask me why localhost wouldn't work other than a new bug)

    I also edited postgresql to not use ident.

    I restarted postgresql and was able to use the database command from the cli to delete the mucked up database. After the database was removed I was able to delete the domain and then the client.

    Now I am able to recreate the client, domain, and database... just to find out that the client doesn't want the site. :D

    Thanks for you help.
     
  4. Amin Taheri

    Amin Taheri Golden Pleskian Plesk Certified Professional

    33
     
    Joined:
    Jul 5, 2007
    Messages:
    1,398
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Seattle Area
    haha you gotta love it
     
Loading...