1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Client SSL certificates

Discussion in 'Plesk Automation' started by TonyDas, Feb 4, 2013.

1. TonyDas

TonyDas Basic Pleskian

85%
    Hi

Is it possible for a client to create a CSR and install a SSL certificate in PPA?

I have had a look in a client account and do not see an option - Enable SSL is enabled though.

Am I just being dumb?

2. TonyDas

TonyDas Basic Pleskian

85%
    Has anybody got experience with this ?

3. eugenevdm

eugenevdm Silver Pleskian

68%
    Last time I did this was years ago, but as far as I remember when you generate the certificate it takes information from the local server. So I don't imagine doing this from a centralized environment to be the natural fit. What's the problem with doing it on the slave server?

4. TonyDas

TonyDas Basic Pleskian

85%
    Hi Eugene

I thought there might have been an easier way. Ill do it through SSH.

Regards
    Tony

5. eugenevdm

eugenevdm Silver Pleskian

68%
    I'm surprised you have to use SSH to do it.

I don't know if this will help any but one of our engineers wrote this internal guide on how to do SSL with Plesk, attached.

Attached Files:

6. Andrey Dobrenko

Andrey Dobrenko Regular Pleskian

TonyDas,

>Is it possible for a client to create a CSR and install a SSL certificate in PPA?

1) If you talk about SSL certificates for client's domains:

Sure, it's possible. To enable SSL, at first, you need to allocate a dedicated IP address for subscription. Otherwise, you can use only self-signed SSL certificate. To start to use dedicated IP addresses, you should configure IP pools as described in the Parallels Plesk Automation: Deployment Guide(http://download1.parallels.com/ppa/docs/en-US/pdf/ppa_deployment_guide.pdf), section Configuring an IP Pool and assign one to a particular service node. During subscription provisioning, PPA will take a free IP address from pool, create it on the service node and assign the IP to created subscription.

2) If you talk about PPA panel itself:

Just replace file: /usr/local/psa/admin/conf/httpsd.pem and then, restart panel through /etc/init.d/ppa restart

--
    Andrey Dobrenko
    Development Manager
    Parallels Plesk Automation
    Web Site: http://www.parallels.com/products/plesk-automation/

Last edited: Feb 14, 2013