1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

CM not synching - IP address '' does not exist

Discussion in 'Plesk Expand 2.1 Troubleshooting Issues' started by eugenevdm, May 3, 2007.

1. eugenevdm

eugenevdm Silver Pleskian

68%
    Central Mail has stopped synchronizing. Quite a few of the domains have:

"IP address '' does not exist"

I cannot find any mistakes in my IP configuration.

I suspect the problem *could* have started when we added a new Windows server to the Expand topology, but I'm not sure.

Please assist me because this is quickly becoming an urgent issue. We are unable to provision any more e-mail domains on the server as a result.

2. Sergey L

Sergey L Golden Pleskian Staff Member

43%
    Please, login to your Central Mail server and check if it has one shared IP address registered in Server IP Pool. It shall be the same IP address though which the mail server is addressed by Plesk Expand.

Then ensure that all client accounts created on that server have this shared IP added to their Client IP Pools.

3. eugenevdm

68%
    Thank you so much for your kind and prompt reply.

Our central mail server has only one shared IP address and only one network interface. There are 590 clients on this server and all 590 clients has this shared IP address assigned to their Client IP Pool.

This used to work fine until very recently. Please could you provide some more assistance.

4. Sergey L

43%
    Sure. But could you give us some more details? E.g. there shall be XML communications log for each problem domain. If I see that I can probably give a better answer.

It would be great if you can contact SWsoft support service and report me a ticket ID. The support service is available 24 hours and is the fastest way to resolve any problem. Reporting me the ticket ID helps us to find your ticket in a bunch of other ones.

5. eugenevdm

68%
    I am lost in the sea of logs for Expand and I don't know which one contains the XML data. Here are the ones to choose from:

expand.log
    expandom.log
    expand_secure.log
    expandtm.log
    locale_engine.log
    operator.log
    transport.log
    update.log

An then there is the /action folder that contains multiple 'act_1728065' entries and so on.

I have been observing the 'operator.log' for the last few hours but the question is how to identify the transaction that is not working. I will log a ticket also and send you this number.

Thank you again.

6. eugenevdm

68%
    Here is the ticket number:

7. Sergey L

43%
    Got it. Unfortunately none of credentials specified works - so I can not take a look on your server right now.

When clicking on problem domain in UI, you will see error details. Click on "Syncronization Log" link and you will see a log of XML communications which explains where error comes from.

8. Sergey L

43%
    I see from ticket you are still using Plesk Expand 2.0.1 version which quite old. I'd strongly recommend to upgrade to the latest Plesk Expand 2.1.3 - most probably many of your problems are solved there already.

9. eugenevdm

68%
    I will upgrade the server in the next 24 hours and return to the forum. Thanks for your help so far.

10. eugenevdm

68%
    The upgraded worked - thanks. It took 3 days but that's another story. I have one remaining obvious problem, nothing mission critical, but I'll log that in a separate post.