• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Coldfusion 8 and Plesk not working

J

jhankins

Greetings,

I have upgraded my server to Coldfusion 8 and not surprisingly have run into a problem. Existing sites work but new sites do not see Coldfusion as being installed. If you go to the server modules area, it also does not appear that coldfusion is installed. Is there a hack I can use that will get around this? Such as setting a field somewhere manually or creating a file somewhere that it tests for?

Also, when will CF8 be supported and in what product version?

Does anyone have a hack for this? I'm not concerned about Plesk being able to manage a cf8 installation I just want to be able to add sites that will have cfm support using my installed cf8 server. I guess if it comes down to it I'll over ride configs in vhost.conf files.

But does anyone have a more elegant solution?

Or SWSoft folks ... could I beta test your CF8 functionality :)

Thanks,

-Matt

trying to enable cf8 on the command line I get the following:

/usr/local/psa/bin/cfsetting -s /opt/coldfusion8
I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/opt/coldfusion8/runtime/servers/default/SERVER-INF/jrun.xml"
Config not parsed successfully.

the default location for the jrun.xml file for a cf8 standard install is /opt/coldfusion8/runtime/servers/coldfusion/SERVER-INF/jrun.xml

cd /opt/coldfusion8/runtime/servers/ && ln -s coldfusion default

That allows me to run the cfsetting command.

This enables the checkbox for allowing coldfusion to be used in specific domains.

I don't think the config dropped into the httpd.include file for the domain is going to work though:

<IfModule mod_jrun20.c>
JRunConfig Verbose false
JRunConfig Apialloc false
JRunConfig Ignoresuffixmap false
JRunConfig Serverstore /opt/coldfusion8/runtime/lib/wsconfig/psa/jrunserver.store
JRunConfig Bootstrap 127.0.0.1:51800
AddHandler jrun-handler .jsp .jws .cfm .cfml .cfc
</IfModule>

Now I just need to figure out how to change the default config entry that's dropped in here. Hopefully it's in the psa database or in a config file somewhere. I hope it's not compiled into anything.

If anyone has done this before or has a better idea, still please let me know.

-Matt

h

Yep - found it!

Pretty simple really - just a symbolic link is all I needed to get it working.

You'd think sw-soft would be a bit quicker in resolving this since it is so simple...ah well.

I also tried cf8 on a plesk 8.2 box running redhat 5. This poses a bit of a bigger problem. mod_jrun22 is used rather than plesk's mod_jrun20. Since the host config files look to serve cf pages only if mod_jrun20 is running, a bit more hacking is required. I haven't yet put together any instructions on this but basically, there are ways to trick this as well.

-Matt

I am wrestling with this very problem right now on another system...if you have any docs on how you got it to work - I'd be very interested.

========================================
How to enable ColdFusion 8 on individual IIS websites.
========================================

Step 1 - Enable CF Support
--------------------------

1. Click Start >> All Programs >> Adobe >> ColdFusion 8 >> Web Server Configuration Tool
(I've pinned it to the start menu for convenience.)

2. A pop up window will appear, Click the "Add" button.

3. Select the domain from the "IIS Web Site" drop down list. (Leave all the other settings on their defaults) then click "OK"

4. When prompted to restart the web server click "Yes"

If you get an error saying that it can't stop the web server, just run iisreset from the command line.

5. Click "Exit"

Step 2 - Create Virtual Folder linking to the CFIDE folder
----------------------------------------------------------

1. Open IIS, right click the required domain and select "New" >> "Virtual Directory".

2. The Virtual Directory Creation Wizard will open. Click "Next".

3. Enter "CFIDE" as the Alias name, click "Next".

4. Select the master CFIDE folder (eg. C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\CFIDE) as the path, click "Next".

5. Make sure that "Read" permissions are checked, click "Next".

Re: mod_jrun22

Originally posted by mattbmac
I've made a post about getting CF8 and Plesk to play nice on a per domain basis. This involved editing a binary file so be sure to be careful and make backups.

http://www.usercore.com/2007/10/19/coldfusion-8-and-plesk-8-on-redhat-5-via-mod_jrun22/

Thanks Matt. That's great if you're running a Linux server. But, since the post was in the "Plesk for Windows" forum I assumed the original poster needed to get CF8 working on Windows.

Back