• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Config issue with new Sitebuilder installation on my server?

B

benj69

Hello,

I hope you can help? ...

I have a rootserver from 1&1, with Plesk 8.4 running on it which is generally looked after by the developer. (who is currently on holiday).

I have asked him to install Sitebuilder on it, as it looks good and simple for my wife to create her websites with.

The sitebuilder (4.2) has been installed and the config file seems to look ok, but the sitebuilder wizard is still grayed out to be used in my plesk.

The sitebuilder hostname in the config file is: sitebuilder.s15300238.onlinehome-server.info
host ip = 87.106.176.134

Have you any idea what we need to change to be able to run the sitebuilder? any help is gratefully received!
Please let me also know if I can provide any further info.

thanks a lot -

Perplexed Paul :)

Well, it looks like some other configuration is used instead of Sitebuilder's one for domain sitebuilder.s15300238.onlinehome-server.info. You need to make sure that there is no such domain or sub-domain created in Plesk as Plesk configuration will be used instead of Sitebuilder's one.
Also, it is better to choose easier domain name for Sitebuilder in this case. Just create additional DNS record for domain so sitebuilder.domain.tld resolved properly and make configuration for Sitebuilder with help of 'sb_config' utility:

#sb_config --sb_host_ip IP_ADDRESS --sb_hostname sitebuilder.domain.tld

If you wish to make Sitebuilder accessible from Plesk also, just use following article for configuration:

http://kb.odin.com/en/5528

Hope it helps.

Hi Dmitry,
thanks for the info.

I have removed the domain sitebuilder.s15300238.onlinehome-server.info in Plesk.

My sitebuilder config records are now:
sb_hostname = sitebuilder.s15300238
sb_host_ip = 87.106.176.134

However, I am not quite sure though what to do, re:

it is better to choose easier domain name for Sitebuilder in this case. Just create additional DNS record for domain so sitebuilder.domain.tld resolved properly and make configuration for Sitebuilder with help of 'sb_config' utility:

#sb_config --sb_host_ip IP_ADDRESS --sb_hostname sitebuilder.domain.tld

When I run sb_config and the command:
--sb_host_ip 87.106.176.134 --sb_hostname sitebuilder.domain.tld I get the message that the command was not found.

Am I entering the wrong command? Any further help is gratefully received! - Thanks a lot Paul

You should run the following command:

# sb_config --sb_host_ip 87.106.176.134 --sb_hostname sitebuilder.domain.tld

or better with full path:

# /usr/local/bin/sb_config --sb_host_ip 87.106.176.134 --sb_hostname sitebuilder.domain.tld

Also, you need to make sure that domain sitebuilder.domain.tld can be resolved successfully.

Back