• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Connecting to mysql database via ASP

E

EnenDaveyBoy

Hello

I have created a mysql database on my plesk control panle and created a user with name and password.

But for what ever reaosn my dnsless connection does not work.

I have used both drivers MySQL ODBC 3.51 Driver and mySQL, but neither worked

my connection string is:

Conn = "Driver={MySQL ODBC 3.51 Driver}; Server=localhost; Database=visits; UID=callum; PWD=russell;"

Which I have used many times without the plesk control panel, but for some reason its not working, I noticed that on my hosted companies help files it mention setting permissions but i keep getting this error message:

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005'

[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified

/Index.asp, line 8

Any help or advice would be appriciated

Cheers
Dave

I am having the exact same problem and have not been able to figure it out.

If you find a resolution please post it here.

It seems to be a common problem I have found many posts for it, but no answers, i though PLESK would have this sorted via means of a patch or something by now, the amount of old posts on here, or at least has it mention in the FAQ.

Not sure if this helps or not, but you are calling on MySQL ODBC 3.51 which does not seem to be installed on my server hosting Plesk. I can only imagine that the driver is not installed on the Plesk installation and might need to be installed first before you call on it. Unless you have done that already.

You can download it from here :
http://www.mysql.com/products/connector/odbc/

Already installed the 3.51 ODBC Driver. I can connect with it through Administrative Tools/Data Sources and it connects just fine.

Still get the same error through ASP

Solution Found

I have discovered that if you use the 3.51.8 ODBC Driver everything works .

You can download it HERE

Thanks for the help everyone.

We final get some luck my host accepts its the driver and now someone elses comes along and says its my code(from the host ompany that is) and i need to set a ODBC which well have already told him in the same help desk ticket its using DSNless connection, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. and the control panle doesn't have a selection of mysql.

If i was only there to do it myself I have been told i can add drivers via the control panle anyone know how?

Cheers

Drivers

I don't believe you can do that. I have a dedicated server that I had no problem installing it on.

Cheers for that- I didn't think so either, my hosting is suplied by a company on shared hosting, but i dont see the problem, its easy to instal would take 5 mins, and bebfit everyone on ther server, they just being a apin at the mo, if they dont hurry up, i'm asking for my money back grrrrrrrrrrrr

glad you got it sorted, i shall have to wait and see.

Woohooo, they do speak engliah lol after getting somoeone esle to speck to i got them to install your drive and yep it worked, for ppl in the future you do have to use:

Driver={MySQL ODBC 3.51 Driver}; Server=localhost; Database=visits; UID=callum; PWD=russell;

and not the simple driver={mySQL}

And install the driver in jvinson's post.

Thanks for the help good luck

which one is it that is not working?

does 3.51.11 work?

Anything newer than 3.51.8 does not work.

It has something to do with the way they encrypt the passwords in MySql's ODBC Driver.

not older and not newer, I see, I checked and 3.51.8 is made for mysql 4.0.20 exactly the one used with plesk. yep, better use that one.

I installed it to run winmysqladmin though, that didnt seem to help

Back