1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice

connection error

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by keith28, May 20, 2004.

1. keith28

keith28 Guest

I have downloaded Plesk for Windows and I have ran the exe file and I have ran the exe key. When I click on my desktop icone for Plesk 6.5.2 I get this error connection message below.
    Can some help assist me, what could the problem be? The user manual is very vague.

Unable to connect to database: saved admin password is incorrect.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    0: d:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\auto_prepend\auth.php3:104 psaerror(string "Unable to connect to database: saved admin password is incorrect.")

2. Jllynch

Jllynch Regular Pleskian

Hi Keith did you ever get a solution to this problem? I'm experienceing it right now.
    Any help woul dbe much apreciated.

Justin

3. Jllynch

Jllynch Regular Pleskian

It turns out I had to reinstall PHP to solve my problem. I used the new updateder feature to install the backup utilities and plesk tried installing all sorts of stuff. Two days later we traced it back to PHP needing a reinstall.

Justin

4. LithiuM

LithiuM Guest

Didi you have mysql installed before plesk? if yes thats a very normal error...

5. Jllynch

Jllynch Regular Pleskian

Lithium,
    This all started happeing when we upgraded to reloaded. If we didn't even have mysql installed I think we wouldn't have gotten very far at all. The strange mysql error we are getting now and again now is;

Warning: mysql_connect(): Can't create a new thread (errno 11). If you are not out of available memory, you can consult the manual for a possible OS-dependent bug in /home/httpd/vhosts/netvantage.com.au/httpdocs/cacti/lib/adodb/drivers/adodb-mysql.inc.php on line 318

Cannot connect to MySQL server on 'localhost'. Please make sure you have specified a valid MySQL database name in 'include/config.php'.

We get the same error for plesk and all programs unsing php/mysql. We have to manualy kill and restart mysqld. It is driving me crazy.

Plesk support haven't been able to fix it.

6. Jllynch

Jllynch Regular Pleskian

For thos with problems as above Looks like the solution to my problem above is;

this problem might be related the OS limit on the number of processes a single user can run at one time. So I ran "ulimit -u unlimited" (it had previously been set at 35) and then restarted MySQL. Now it is working fine. Both the number of sleeping/persistent connections and the max_used_connections have gone up well past my earlier "ceiling" and I am not seeing any error messages anywhere.

Justin

www.netvantage.com.au