• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Converting Liquid layouts to Fixed

D

DavidK

I think there needs to be an option of making liquid layouts fixed per template or globally setting templates to 900-1024px main wrapper with a repeating background... More and more users are getting 4:3 aspect screens/widescreen LCD displays so liquid layouts most of the time don't turn out looking good..

Has anyone re-modified all the templates to be a fixed width layout? Will SB 5 have this, if so, when will this be SB 5 be released or a hotfix for this as this is a big issue?

Besides that Sitebuilder is a great product one of the best I've seen and we are using it currently.. keep up the great work Dimitri / Sitebuilder team ..

-David

Yes, this really must be added... All templates should have a maximum width, they can be "liquid" but there must be a global or per template value for maximum width.

Hi
I want to vote for per template value for maximum width.
Feels like almost all templates have been designed using those old aspect screens and they look very ugly if wide screen is used. They do not give impression of professional template.
I feel like Im not getting what Im paying for currently. How ever this problem would be corrected one for all if per template value for maximum width could be applied.
Hope to see this feature soon.
-hanski-

Unfortunately most templates are built that way, and can't be easly changed. I think that most of them should be rebuild from scratch so that would probably be a problem...

Anyway if existing templates can't be changed I think that at least 100 new templates with modern design and fixed width should be added as soon as possible...

Plesk Sitebuilder is really the best sitebuilder software, but most of those aged templates looks very ugly on most of todays screeens, and something should be done about that...

Hi,

I'd like to see this too. It should be possible to wrap the entire template into a fixed width using CSS but you would need access to the source templates files. Like creating a table of say 1024px and forcing all the existing code inside.

Regards

Hi,You can do it.
You just need to calculate the width in pixels of elements. For example if this website width is 1000px and have 2 columns layout. suppose left column has 800px width and right column has 200px width.

You just need to edit your CSS (style sheet) search for selectors e.g. (in most cases)
#page_wrapper { width:1000px........................}

change this to
#page_wrapper {width:100%..........................}

now look for left column
#left_column {width:800px........................}

change this to
#left_column {width:80%............................}

#right_column {width:200px......................}

change to

#right_column {width:20%......................}

in this way you can change fixed style layout to liquid style layout.

Back