• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Copying mailboxs to another server for secondary mx ?

F

fgilain

hi all,

i have 2 servers with plesk 7.5.3 under red hat EL3.0 ES
My goal is to setup 2 mails servers for my domain : a primary and a backup mail server (both are online at the same time)

I now have created every mail accounts and alias (long time to spend...) on the first server...my goal is now t od othe same on the second one...is there a way to avoid having to recreate each mailbox and alias by hand ?

thanks

Florent

Since it's not just the directory structure, but also the Plesk database tables you would want to duplicate, you may want to check into using the Plesk Backup Utilities to dupllicate things properly. Unless I mis-understand what your end goal is...

my goal is just to recreate he same mail account and alias on the second server for this domain...without having to recreate them using the web interface (which is quite long..)

Florent

Right, that's what I thought you wanted to do.

So you would probably want to use the Plesk Backup Utilities (free for download)

didn't find the 7.5.x version of backup utilities..

here is what says the relaese notes :

This version of Plesk Backup/Restore Utilities are designed specifically to work only on Plesk 7.0.x software

Back