• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Corrupted MailEnable Address-Map.tab file?

M

MattR@

Has anyone else run into an issue on 7.5 with address-map.tab corruptions in MailEnable Standard? We just ran into this today, Plesk seems to have really mangled this one with a lot of extra characters:

[ [SF:domain.com/promo] domain.com

It seems to loose characters from certain directives when it writes them, the ability to have a script that will regenerate these tabs from scratch in my opinion is an absolute must have. When these tab's get corrupted it makes for a very ill mailserver and a lot of manual coding since the MailEnable recovery tool won't do things like re-generate mailing lists.

Matt

the things u have to keep in mind is ..dont run mchck.exe....
check the size of adress-map.tab and address-map.sav..if .sav file is greater in size..rename it to address-map.tab (make sure that the date of creation of the .tab and the .sav are the same)

Originally posted by cybernova
the things u have to keep in mind is ..dont run mchck.exe....

vice versa, mchk.exe can help in most case to repair ME configs

just backup your configs to be sure you always can roll back configs to broken state :)

then run "mchk.exe --all --fix=all" and configs will be rebuild from scratch according Plesk db

Originally posted by swarm
vice versa, mchk.exe can help in most case to repair ME configs

just backup your configs to be sure you always can roll back configs to broken state :)

then run "mchk.exe --all --fix=all" and configs will be rebuild from scratch according Plesk db

Is this stuff outlined in the manual? Just curious if there are other utils like this I don't know about.

Matt

no, they are not, these are just back end fixes for some common problems

"TRY IT AT YOUR RISK ;)"

Such problem is no longer perstists since Plesk 7.5.4. You can upgrade your Plesk to this version.

I write one script (vbs) for fix it. It's work good.

Originally posted by OlegB
Such problem is no longer perstists since Plesk 7.5.4. You can upgrade your Plesk to this version.

This error did and does still occassionally occur on our busiest 7.5.4 server, running the fix above does solve the problem though.

Matt

In fact this problem persists even in Plesk 7.5.6 with MailEnable 1.9 and it's getting very annoying.

Although mchk has been improved, it is not a solution. Our clients can't rely on our mail services because from time to time the Address-Map.tab file gets corrupted.

I've been using Plesk 7.0.1, I've seen a lot of bugs fixed and a lot of improvements, but I am still dissapointed.

Looks like the SWsoft dev team still has a lot to learn.

Originally posted by Bogdan
In fact this problem persists even in Plesk 7.5.6 with MailEnable 1.9 and it's getting very annoying.

Although mchk has been improved, it is not a solution. Our clients can't rely on our mail services because from time to time the Address-Map.tab file gets corrupted.

I've been using Plesk 7.0.1, I've seen a lot of bugs fixed and a lot of improvements, but I am still dissapointed.

Looks like the SWsoft dev team still a lot to learn.

We no longer trust Plesk for client's e-mail needs on Windows, we've gone ahead and setup a CPanel Unix server and have moved all e-mail accounts over to it, as every 2-3 months randomly some of our clients e-mail accounts would start rejecting e-mail due to a corrupted address.tab file. This was the only solution which could provide a reliable level of service for our clients.

Matt

I might look into that solution too.

I was thinking to just use another mail server. I tried SmarterMail for a dedicated client and I was very impressed.

Thanks for the idea!

I just spent the night researching the issue.

Accourding to MailEnable, it's Plesk's problem
http://mailenable.com/kb/Content/Article.asp?ID=me020424

Corruption of the auth.tab file could be related to contention for accessing the file.

Please see below relating to potential causes of such contention:

1. A control panel application is directly editing the configuration files and is causing contention for these files or has an error that is leading to the contents of the file being deleted. This contention can lead to corruption/data loss.

Example: Some control panel applications make changes directly to these files and this almost certainly will cause corruption when concurrent access to the files occurs.

I opened a support ticket ticket with MailEnable to get further details on the matter.

Plesk uses standard API tools provided by Mail Enable that allow to manage ME configuration. It does not access to *.tab directly. Therefore Plesk can be the reason for this problem.
But Plesk developers foresaw this problem and created mchk.exe tool that corrects this issue.

Plesk uses standard API tools provided by Mail Enable that allow to manage ME configuration. It does not access to *.tab directly. Therefore Plesk can be the reason for this problem.
But Plesk developers foresaw this problem and created mchk.exe tool that corrects this issue.

This is part of what I got from MailEnable for my ticket I submitted:

Plesk modifies files directly when renaming domains and does not use the
MailEnable API, so you will need to check through the Plesk log files to
locate if the corruption occurred when a domain was renamed. If so then you
will need to contact Plesk for further assistance in diagnosing the file
corruption when they are writing to the TAB files.

I wanna say that it'a a real pleasure for me to be ball in your little ping-pong game with MailEnable, but I'm sure that my client's are not not as patient.

Originally posted by Bogdan
This is part of what I got from MailEnable for my ticket I submitted:

MailEnable API.

It's not true. Plesk uses only MailEnable API to modify mail configuration. Could you please forward me their email about it?

Originally posted by sshigin
It's not true. Plesk uses only MailEnable API to modify mail configuration. Could you please forward me their email about it? [/B]

Here is the whole message (I censored some things for my privacy)

Hi,

In regards to your problems with address map corruptions, a possible cause
of TAB files corruption is if third party control panels modify files
directly and do not use the MailEnable API which looks to be your case.

MailEnable API, so you will need to check through the Plesk log files to
locate if the corruption occurred when a domain was renamed. If so then you
will need to contact Plesk for further assistance in diagnosing the file
corruption when they are writing to the TAB files.

IMPORTANT: If this information resolves your request, please close the request by
clicking on the following URL:
http://www.mailenable.com/helpdesk/closeticket.asp?RequestID=7737&EMailAddress=bogdan@*********.

Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Pty Ltd

-----Original Message-----
[mailto:bogdan@**********]
Sent: Friday, 3 February 2006 12:43 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [MEF][#SUPPORT:7737] Defect-address-map.tab corrupt

Category: Defect
Severity: Critical
ShortDescription: address-map.tab corrupt
Product: Standard
Version: 1.9
Operating System: Not Applicable
MailEnable E-Mail: bogdan@************
Alternate E-Mail: bogdan@************
Registration Status: Freeware
Domain Name: [Name of domain experiencing problems]
Module: Providers
Control Panel: Plesk
Description: I have been having the same problem for a long time with all
Standard versions of MailEnable.

The config files (especially address-map.tab) gets corrupted and mail relay
for some domains doesn't work. I have been suing every version of MailEnable
Standard from 1.7 to 1.9 but still no change.

I am using Plesk as a control panel, (again, I've been using every Plesk
version from 7.0.0 to 7.5.6, I'm currently running 7.5.6 with all pathces
applied and MailEnable 1.9) and I need to know exactly what is causing this
problem.

Seems that SWsoft couldn't do much for this, the only thing they did is a
command line application to recreate all the config files (mchk.exe), but
that's not a solution.

I need a ddetailed technical expanation on why this happenes, and of course
a fix for it.

And please provide me (and the rest of the people on this forum) a VALID SOLUTION for this, as I don't wanna set mchk --all --fix=all to run every 3 hours as a scheuled tasks.

There is problem with TAB files and it's bug of ME.
Plesk doesn't modify TAB files directly.

Thank you for yet another useless reply.

It's very reconforting to see that there's someone at SWsoft who really cares. Or not.

any case you should use SWsoft Support to solve such issues

What you really mean to say is that I should PAY SWsoft support for these kind of answers...

But no, thank you...

Does anyone else feel as frustrated as me and as helpless with this kind of probles, or is it just me?

Did anyone get got this atitude fron SWsoft?

Back