• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Could not activate/renew license. KA server response: No properly formed ip addresses

zooming

Regular Pleskian
Hello,

I'm having trouble to activate a SB license upgrade.

I'm receiving this error message:
Could not activate/renew license. KA server response: No properly formed ip addresses

I have found an article at Parallels KB about this issue:
http://kb.odin.com/en/3567

This article says that this problem is related to some host name configuration problem in sb_config, or a grsecurity issue.

I have checked and my host name is OK, I can resolve this name from the server and from the internet.

I don't have grsecurity installed, so I don't know what can be wrong.

I have just paid $899 for this license upgrade, and Parallels is asking me to pay $75 more for a support call so they can check this problem.

I think that's an offensive proposal. Sitebuilder support has become just like Plesk's. Bad for us.

Dmitry, please help me with this problem, I'm out of licenses and I can't install the new one that I have already paid.

Thank you.
Alexandre

Is this issue still actual? If so, provide me with the following output from Sitebuilder server:

# sb_config --help|grep sb_host

You need to make sure that --sb_hostname value can be successfully resolved to --sb_host_ip value. Check it up and let me know about the results.

Hello Dmitry,

Yes, I can resolve the host name to the host IP.

It's OK now, I have installed the license key file you sent me instead of this activation code, and the license is now installed.

Thank you.
Alexandre

Back