• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Counter strike game server

A

AlanSanders

When will this module be activated - assuming that it does not function because I did something wrong. seems idiot proof to start installation, but I haven't seen any result

Yes I do - seems to be part of the 1 & 1 package. It is perpetually stuck on pending

1&1 doesn't include the Counter Strike module in their plesk license. Thats something you have to purchase yourself.

I have a server with 1&1 and was told that I have to purchase the module seperatly because they do not offer it.

On the Modules Management page, it has a green key next to Counter-Strike Game Server with the message "The Licence Key is installed for this module" But there are red X's next to everything except Half-life Dedicated Game Server on the Game Servers page. If you check next to the green x it will just go 'pending'. I have put in the correct details for the Steam account

This module is also not working for me.. Clicking on the selections and passing through will show a page with 'completed' for me. (after just 1 second). Anyone?

yo i had same problem but i logg out did it again and i had a green check next to both of them now i can't start the server don't know why still searching forums and asking but i guess this is a sore subject either peeps don't know or they just don't want to help i know there more out there like me and you just be kool and wait

I logged a ticket and SWsoft provided a solution to the problem I see posted here, i.e., the Game Server Modules won't install and configure properly.

Steam tries to use uncompress rather than gunzip to expand the distributions. Fedora Core 2 doesn't have uncompress.

In the /bin directory "ln -s gunzip compress" The makes gunzip available if a script asks for uncompress. After that, I removed the Game Server Module using the control panel. I put a copy of /root/psa/PSA_7.5.1/rpm_FedoraCore_2/opt/modules/csgs/cs-gs-1.0.0-fc2.build75041216.15.i586.rpm on my local host. Then I went through the drill of uploading a new module.

After that, I went through configuration of the module, including creating a new Steam account.

All seems to be working now. Some of the steps may be unnecessary, but the procedure worked for me. Linking uncompress to gunzip is the critical factor.

OK Right On jdstevens
Please Help a NooB out, i have the same problem and i was reading but i still dont under stand what i should do do i delete everything in plesk for the counterstrike mod
it suks im so new and been reading all these install docs excactly what did you do i noob detail would be great help me me and anyone else like me starting out also this the email i got also i bet just like yours
Dear Sir,

Your problem occured due to bug in steam program which is a third-party
program for
Plesk. Steam was trying to use uncompress, but FedoraCore uses gunzip
instead if it.
Please creating a link for uncompress:

ln -s gunzip /bin/uncompress
In addition to previous message:

Also, after creating link you should re-install your CS module.

This is what I did. There may be a better way, bu this worked for me. Your results may not be the same.

Open a shell as root on your server.

cd /bin
ln -s gunzip uncompress

That fixes the underlying problem by allowing the system to provide gunzip to work in place of uncompress.

locate cs-gs-1.0.0

You should see one or more rpms for the game server. Choose the appropriate rpm to reinstall the module in Plesk.

Use ftp, rsync, or your method of choice to put the cs-gs-1.0.0*rpm file on the host where you are running the browser to control Plesk. This allows you to reinstall the module using the Plesk admin interface.

Delete the module using "Manage Modules.". Use "Manage Modules" to upload the rpm from your the host where you saved it. That will reinstall the module.

Go through the configuration process. Your configuration should work better.

ok im at the point were i need to install /pathh_to_plesk_distrib/psa_7.5.1/rpm_FedoraCore_2/opt/modules/csgs/cs-gs-1.0.0-fc2.build75041216.15.i586.rpm
thats the patch but were do i find it in root ?

That is the one you need. It is in /root on my system. It is in /path_to_Plesk on yours. The particular path makes no difference at this point. You just need to get the rpm to your local system so it is available to reinstall from your local host using "Manage Modules."

great another problem i do not have that dir
just root and all the other mumbo jumbo

The "locate" command should tell you where it is on your system. If the stuff is mumbo jumbo to you, you may wish to invoke the assistance of a knowledgeable system administrator.

ok located file and reinstalled mods
now when i started all the steps over again and installed HL fine then i went to update to add CS and get this error now
Checking bootstrapper version ...
Updating Installation
Logging in as 'rangerskipp'
No installation record found at /hlds_l
Checking/Installing 'Linux Server Engine' version 16
Failed to open key TopKey\4
Details: CMultiFieldBlob(pParent,FieldName): Field does not exist

Here my new error lol
$ ./steam
Checking bootstrapper version ...
tar: steam: Wrote only 6656 of 10240 bytes
tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors
Getting version 12 of Steam HLDS Update Tool
Downloading. . . . . . . . . . .
update failed, please run "tar xzUf LinuxHldsUpdateTool_12.pkg" to install the latest steam binary

HERES another after i deleted everything and tryed to reinstall with out pleask
etc......
Downloading: /hlds_l\cstrike\cs_bdog.wad
Downloading: /hlds_l\cstrike\cs_cbble.wad
Downloading: /hlds_l\cstrike\cs_dust.wad
Downloading: /hlds_l\cstrike\cs_havana.WAD
Downloading: /hlds_l\cstrike\cs_office.wad
Failed to write 65536 bytes in ReadFileFromServer

Going crazy here to! After failed install and even after reinstall i get:

ERROR Eine Ebene höherEine Ebene höher

Unable to query: Table 'psa.module_cs_gs_servers' doesn't exist

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/common_func.php3:2 psaerror(string "Unable to query: Table 'psa.module_cs_gs_servers' doesn't exist")
1: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/modules/cs-gs/ServersList.php:2 db_query(string "SELECT id, game, name, ip_address, port, max_players FROM module_cs_gs_servers;")
2: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/class.cList.php3:2 serverslist->fetchserverslist()
3: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/class.cList.php3:2 serverslist->fetchlist()
4: /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/modules/cs-gs/servers.php:2 serverslist->init()

Whats up with this module?

Greets Thomas

Listen people I havnt recieved any freaking help and im pissed but thats life and its all good cause i got it working

DO NOT UPLOAD STEAM IN ROOT...I made a dir hlds_l under my web dir and ran ./steam -command update -game cstrike -dir /home/httpd/vhosts/clanaow.org/httpdocs/rangerskipp/hlds_l

and it installed no problems make sure you give dir write permisions then I also installed a amx-mod no problems. Then I logged into plesk and instead of installed cs from ther i told it to point to dir it was installed and it worked just fine but as far as doing all that through plesk I say screw them cause if you can do what I just explained then why even use pleask lol

Back