• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

create Domain Alias error

S

skusol

When I try to add new domain alias it say

Notice: Undefined variable: host in F:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\plib\dns\DNSZoneRec.php on line 262

Notice: Undefined variable: val in F:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\plib\dns\DNSZoneRec.php on line 326

Notice: Undefined variable: host in F:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\plib\dns\DNSZoneRec.php on line 262

Notice: Undefined variable: val in F:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\plib\dns\DNSZoneRec.php on line 326

Warning: Incorrect DNS Record parameter values were specified.

Any one know how to fix this, thanks in advanced.

i have the same problem, but its not a upgrade

and the patch don't fix the problem
(plesk 8.1)

EDIT:

you can resolve the problem with a DNS Defaults restoration...

just click on Domains -> "your domain" -> DNS-Settings -> Restore Defaults

note: take a screenshot from your old config, because after the restoration are all DNS-Settings setted back to defaults.

(sry my english is bad)

When I try to restore default for individual domain it's also error like this.

Error: Incorrect DNS Record parameter values were specified.

Any idea?

hmm... try to change the global ip-range and switch back to defaults

i don't become any error from your post.

It can happen if there are incorrect records in table psa.dns_recs with filed type that is not in "A", "CNAME", "MX", "TXT", "SRV", "AXFR", "master", "PTR", "none".

I had the same issue today, was caused by an empty cname record in my dns info. Remove the empty cname record, problem fixed.

How that empty cname ended up there, no clue, but it's fixed.

What about type = "SOA" ?
There are lots of record with this type.

And there are no any empty cname record in my database.

It's fix, just need to delete type='SOA' in database.
Thanks everyone.

Hi,

we also had an empty CNAME record this morning. This was not made manually, so it seems to be a bug.

We are using PLESK for Linux (psa v8.1.0_build81070224.19 os_SuSE 9.3)

Bye
killerloop

this scary fix also worked for me

I had the same problem. My solution, which I wouldn't recommend to anyone because it's way too scary, was to:

1. Remote Desktop to the server.
2. Install SQLyog or a similar SQL Management interface.
3. Run the following SQL query: delete from dns_recs where type ='SOA'

Ouch!

When I try to add new domain alias it say

Warning: Incorrect DNS Record parameter values were specified.

Any one know how to fix this, thanks in advanced.

In Plesk 8.6 I got this error (But not 'Undefined variable' when adding an alias, even though the 'Synchronize DNS' box was not checked and DNS was disabled for the domain.

The problem stopped when I removed the Zone Transfer entry under DNS Settings => Zone Transfers tab. Delete the entry under 'Networks allowed to get a copy of DNS zone'.

Another afternoon wasted fixing another stupid undocumented bug in a fully patched version of Plesk :(

Back