• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Creating a domain admin in Smartermail 3.2

U

Ultima Hosts

Hi there,

I am aware of how to create a domain admin via SM and I know that Plesk creates its own admin login to add users but how do I set things up so that resellers etc can create domains and domain email admins via either plesk or SM?

Of course they could always email me when they have a new domain that they want an admin account for but as we offer unlimited domains on some plans this would become quite cumbersome.

Please let me know if anyone has a solution for this.

Cheers,

Mark Schiavetta

Hi!

The solution can be creating a client account in Plesk. When a domain is ceated in Plesk, a mail domain is created in SM.
If you don`t configure hosting for the created domain, it will have only reports, DNS, mail and webmailconfigured, and also all the other services will be configureable for this domain.

Does this help?

Hi Skeeter,

Thanks for that but I want a client to be able to create a domain with email via Plesk. Now after the domain is created they can add email users via plesk but how do they do it if they want to login to the webmail for SM ? as no admin user is actually created. When you do it manually via SM there is the choice to add a domain admin but plesk doesn't create a default mail admin. Or does it?

Cheers,

Mark

As I can understand you need client with domain limit set to unlimit, and create domains right
When domain will be sreated mail domain also will be created
Domain user can create mail accounts
John S.G.

Hi, Ultima Hosts.

As for providing the SM domain administrator account to the Plesk domain user, I would need to check a couple of things and I will update you in several hours with more details on this.

Back