• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

creating domain / subdomain

C

cyrus1u1

why is my plesk not reloading apache by itself? everytime i create a new domain or subdomain, even if i wait 12h, i have to rcapache2 restart it by myself in shell...

can anybody help me?

note: the httpd.conf entries are made.. but it just doesnt take over the changes unless i restart apache by myself.

Did you ever find and answer?

Hi,

Did you ever find an answer to this problem? I am having the same problem.

I actually have two different Plesk servers. One of them works fine. Always restarts apache after a new domain is created. This one is hosted on a rhel3 server. The other is through 1and1.com which I think is Fedora.

The 1and1.com account is the server that is having the problem.

Were you able to resolve the issue?

thanks,
elaine

I asked 1and1, they've told me thats a general issue of the current plesk version, with the next release it should be fixed.

It may be a general issue with Plesk and Fedora (which is what I think 1and1 runs) - but not Plesk in general.

I also am running Plesk on a different machine (RHEL3) and domain creation with apache restart works like a charm.

Both were the same version plesk (7.5.2)

In the meantime, on the 1and1 server, I wrote a crontab to take care of the issue for now ...

thanks,
elaine

got the same problem here on a debian sarge system:

creating new domains requires a

websrvmgr -a -v

(or apache reload)

as long as there is no reload, default page is showed...

Back