• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Creating Multiple Sub-Sub Domains

N

Narnia

Have been using cPanel for a no. of years now, and in that time have created hundreds of Client subdomains (incl sub-subdomains).

I have found really cheap dedicated hosting but only Plesk is available as a control panel.

Can Plesk create sub-subdomains (eg. abc.def.domain.com), or should I spend my money with another dedicated hosting co. which has a Control Panel that meets my needs?

If you wait until 7.5.4 comes out of beta, then it will support it from the Control Panel. The 7.5.3 version can be done through manual editing means.

What's new in Plesk v.7.5.4 build 75050803.19
==============================================
[+] 5. Fourth level subdomains can now be created and served by Plesk.
Last thing I heard from SWsoft sales was 'very soon' on the non-beta release.

Originally posted by jamesyeeoc Last thing I heard from SWsoft sales was 'very soon' on the non-beta release. [/B]
The release date is supposed to be "this week" :D

That brings us one step closer....thank you.

And, PART B of the Sub-Sub Domain question:

What would be the quickest way to batch [re-]create 817 subdomains using Plesk?

If you have Plesk server admin privileges, you can write a script to call the

/usr/local/psa/bin/subdomain.sh

script. This is their command line utility to allow creation/configuration of subdomains. More info by:

/usr/local/psa/bin/subdomain.sh --help

Or see the manual:
http://download1.sw-soft.com/Plesk/Plesk7.5/Doc/plesk-7.5r-sdk-html/docs/cu/unix/ch11.html

If you are a 'Client' or 'Domain admin', then see if your hosting server admin will assist you, since I dont' think you can directly access the needed script as a Domain Admin. But I may be wrong, since I have never tried it as a Domain Admin user.

Back