1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice

Creating Multiple Sub-Sub Domains

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by Narnia, Aug 24, 2005.

1. Narnia

Narnia Guest

Have been using cPanel for a no. of years now, and in that time have created hundreds of Client subdomains (incl sub-subdomains).

I have found really cheap dedicated hosting but only Plesk is available as a control panel.

Can Plesk create sub-subdomains (eg. abc.def.domain.com), or should I spend my money with another dedicated hosting co. which has a Control Panel that meets my needs?

2. jamesyeeoc

jamesyeeoc Guest

If you wait until 7.5.4 comes out of beta, then it will support it from the Control Panel. The 7.5.3 version can be done through manual editing means.

Last thing I heard from SWsoft sales was 'very soon' on the non-beta release.

3. PaulC

PaulC Regular Pleskian

57%
    The release date is supposed to be "this week" :D

4. jamesyeeoc

jamesyeeoc Guest

Yeah, I heard that a month ago... :)

5. PaulC

PaulC Regular Pleskian

57%
    I heard that this morning in an announcement ;)

6. Narnia

Narnia Guest

That brings us one step closer....thank you.

And, PART B of the Sub-Sub Domain question:

What would be the quickest way to batch [re-]create 817 subdomains using Plesk?

7. jamesyeeoc

jamesyeeoc Guest

If you have Plesk server admin privileges, you can write a script to call the

/usr/local/psa/bin/subdomain.sh

script. This is their command line utility to allow creation/configuration of subdomains. More info by:

/usr/local/psa/bin/subdomain.sh --help

Or see the manual:
    http://download1.sw-soft.com/Plesk/Plesk7.5/Doc/plesk-7.5r-sdk-html/docs/cu/unix/ch11.html

If you are a 'Client' or 'Domain admin', then see if your hosting server admin will assist you, since I dont' think you can directly access the needed script as a Domain Admin. But I may be wrong, since I have never tried it as a Domain Admin user.