• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Creating Reseller Accounts

A

Arun

I have been trying to find out how to create a reseller account in Plesk, but I haven't found much information in the Plesk manual, etc. Is there any resource available that gives instructions on how to create reseller accounts in Plesk. Thanks in advance !

A reseller account in plesk is basically a client account.

When you create a client you can set the privildges (what they can do) and their limits (number of databases, mailboxes etc)

Thanks for the reply, renleon. Yeah, I've figured it out now. Coming from a cPanel background, it was a different kind of setup in Plesk. Getting more used to it now :)

So is there anything extra that we can offer for "Resellers" in order to have a difference between the two so that we can have "shared plans" and "reseller plans" in our advertisement ?

You can give individuals access to their website (shared plan) by enabling the domain user on the domain.

They can then login with their domain as the username (domain.com) and the password you setup. They will only have access to their domain.

If your going to be offering reller plans and shared plans (single domain), I would create a new client for each reseller and a single client for all the shared plans.

You can also add templates to the client you are using for shared plans. So that if you have a range of shared plans you can simply select the template when creating their account.

If your clients are going to be logging in to plesk you will want to buy an ssl certificate otherwise everyone will be prompted with the default self signed one.

I use a subdomain of my real domain, eg. https://secure.mydomain.com:8443/

You can pick a cheap ssl cert up from ...

http://www.servertastic.com/store/product.asp?numRecordPosition=1&P_ID=222

Back