• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Crontab() constructor failed: Unable to create Crontab entry: parse error

S

seanstephens

Crontab() constructor failed: Unable to create Crontab entry: parse error

I get this when I try and load the crontab manager from the admin cp. I have verified that crond is running there is no errors in the cron or messages logs, and cron is still working. However I cant manage the crontabs from the admin cp, anybody got any ideas?

ok, thanks to all who posted.... oh wait its just me. Ok well if anybody else is experiencing the same difficulty all you need to do is run this command:

crontab -u root -e

that will bring up a text file that contains the cron information for the root user. Now in my instance there were 2 lines that had wrong information in them, one contained "*/15" and the other didnt contain a value it was empty " ". So I changed the 2 lines to contain correct information (just a number no special characters and not empty) and it came back up. How did this information get corrupted? Only the Plesk people will know! Hope this helps.

Back