1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

custom application: usergroup question

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by JLChafardet, Oct 25, 2006.

1. JLChafardet

JLChafardet Regular Pleskian

57%
    Hello to all, I'm here this time to ask something related to domains, its users, and read/write permissions.

I'm developing a custom application with a client, where he as "Client" having his primary domain, wants to be able to read/write into all his domains, but also all his domains should have permissions to read from his main domain /private directory.

example to illustrate it a bit.

main domain: mainclient.tld
    main username: mainclient

---

client domain 1: clientdomain1.tld
    client username 1: clientuname1

client domain 2: clientdomain2.tld
    client username 2: clientuname2

and so on.

he wants to know, if with plesk, its possible to let the user mainclient/apache to read/write from his home directory to:
    ...../vhost/clientdomain1.tld/private
    ...../vhost/clientdomain2.tld/private

....................and so on.....

and to let the users clientuname1/2/3/4/...... and so on
    read on:

..../vhost/mainclient.tld/private

I have been searching without much luck on the subject, and well im really interested on this because its a very important client so seeing it go away is not what we want.

he even asked me if we could setup a new usergroup "mainclient" and create all his domains under that usergroup, with permissions 2775.

my answer was "I dont know" because I really dont know if this is possible with Plesk.

all help and suggestions on this subject, would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,

2. JLChafardet

JLChafardet Regular Pleskian

57%