• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

custom application: usergroup question

JLChafardet

Regular Pleskian
Hello to all, I'm here this time to ask something related to domains, its users, and read/write permissions.

I'm developing a custom application with a client, where he as "Client" having his primary domain, wants to be able to read/write into all his domains, but also all his domains should have permissions to read from his main domain /private directory.

example to illustrate it a bit.

main domain: mainclient.tld
main username: mainclient

---

client domain 1: clientdomain1.tld
client username 1: clientuname1

client domain 2: clientdomain2.tld
client username 2: clientuname2

and so on.

he wants to know, if with plesk, its possible to let the user mainclient/apache to read/write from his home directory to:
...../vhost/clientdomain1.tld/private
...../vhost/clientdomain2.tld/private

....................and so on.....

and to let the users clientuname1/2/3/4/...... and so on
read on:

..../vhost/mainclient.tld/private

I have been searching without much luck on the subject, and well im really interested on this because its a very important client so seeing it go away is not what we want.

he even asked me if we could setup a new usergroup "mainclient" and create all his domains under that usergroup, with permissions 2775.

my answer was "I dont know" because I really dont know if this is possible with Plesk.

all help and suggestions on this subject, would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Back