• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Deactivating a Client Account

H

HiltonT

Hi all,

When I use(d) a CPanel hosting control panel, if I suspended a client's account, they would then see an "Account Suspended" page. In Plesk, all you get is the boring "Plesk Default - no web site has been configured" page.

An "Account Suspended" page tends to get the attention of clients a lot faster.

Any chance this can be arranged in Plesk?

I would create a index.php file in the /home/vhosts/default htdocs directory, checking the $_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'] var for the deactivated hostname, showing a "account deactivated" version of the default index.html file.

Ie.

PHP:
<?php
if ( $_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'] == 'deactivated.domain.com' )
  include 'index.deactivated.html';
else
  include 'index.noaccount.html';
?>

Hi Geert,

Thanks for the info, however I have done this and unfortunately the default (now "index.noaccount.html") page is still being displayed. There are no other errors.

My examplecode was more a kind of pseudocode, it has to be a little more refined for real life use I think.

What have you written in your code, and what's the exact name of the deactivated domain?

Hi,

I thought that maybe Plesk put some header in deactivated domains, but obviously not. :)

It would be really nice if they did something similar to what CPanel does (in this situation) as this is one of the few areas where CPanel wins out in a comparison.

Actually you could just lookit up in the PSA database... Shoulden't be to hard to do...

Hhmmm, that's an idea. Now to figure out how to search the database from a php script...

Damn, it appears that Deactivating a domain in Plesk removes it from the DNS - well, at least now I cannot any longer resolve the domain that was deactivated.

This is not right - this is FAR from what should happen with "deactivated" or "suspended" domains/accounts - they shouldn't have their domain removed from the Internet, but be redirected to an "Account Suspended - please email the Administrator" page.

The way Plesk appears to handle this is to remove the domain's ability to be found on the Internet - bad. CPanel redirects to a "suspended" page - good.

Maybe I should post this in the "Wish List" or more likely the "bugs" list.

Back