• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Debian 3.1 plesk+clamav+qmail

M

masterkain

hi,
is there somewhere an howto installing clamav on qmail/debian stable instead of dr.web that is causing me many headaches? I've searched a lot and found some rpm based tutorial, but do you know one for debian stable?

thanks, I really need it.

well, i got it working on a Fedora Core 3 server. I couldn;t tell you if this works on a debian server :)

no luck on debian, many errors, after installing no email can be sent, uninstalled it, everything ok.. I'm searching a solution for this.. :(

Originally posted by masterkain
no luck on debian, many errors, after installing no email can be sent, uninstalled it, everything ok.. I'm searching a solution for this.. :(

anybody then?
on another server (debian unstable) I'm using amavisd-new, f-prot spamassassin and I'm so happy with it, with plesk my users receive tons of spam even if I set score globally around 3.0 (and sometimes it blocks real emails), my customer won't access their cp and set up bayesian autolearn, but they surely want an antivirus solution... drweb? no thanks, I will prefer something like clamav or f-prot, I really need to attach them to qmail in a debian stable (I must use backports? I hope not..) .. thanks for any advice.

If you are able to use amavisd-new and f-prot on a debian-unstable server, then why not use those on your other debian servers? Maybe I'm missing the point of your post?

Both of those AntiVirus programs should be effective against virus/worms. Then use Spamassassin to filter/tag the spam emails.

hi there,
because in debian stable there isn't, for example, amavisd-new (that integrate nicely with postfix via transports).

for this kind of things I can use backports, sure, but most of them are outdated and it's one of the best method to break stability under debian 3.1 .

Ah, I got it now. Sorry for asking that, but the more I ask about distros which I have not used, the more I learn... ! Thanks for the info.

Back