1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Default admin password

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by epretorious, Jul 15, 2005.

1. epretorious

epretorious Guest

I've just finished installing Plesk 7.5.3 and can not log-in using the username/password described in the Installation Guide (i.e., admin/setup). Have I done something wrong?

(/etc/psa/.psa.shadow contains the default password.)

2. jamesyeeoc

jamesyeeoc Guest

See the last post in this thread by Traged1:

http://forum.plesk.com/showthread.php?threadid=24413&highlight=admin+AND+password+AND+mysql

This will show you how to reset the admin password in mySQL from the shell prompt. Since the .psa.shadow file shows the proper password, then it appears that the password stored in mySQL must not match...

Be careful of spaces and quotes and such.

Where he has 'PLESK_PASSWORD' you should replace this with the default password so it will match the .psa.shadow file.

3. epretorious

epretorious Guest

Rebooting the server fixed the problem. Perhaps that detail should be added to the Installation Guide. (The the Installation Guide directs the reader to access the interface directly after finishing installation.)

4. jamesyeeoc

jamesyeeoc Guest

Yeah, rebooting is not always required, I do it just out of habit on any server when I make any major updates/installs....