1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Default FTP folder

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by jerry2, Apr 14, 2006.

1. jerry2

jerry2 Guest

Anybody has any idea how can I set that the default folder the FTP will connect for a domain will be the httpdocs folder, not the parent folder that contains the anon_ftp, cgi-bin, private etc... My customer doesn't use that and would be less confused if he goes to the web folder right away...

Is it possible using Microsoft FTP and Plesk 7.5.6?

Jerry

2. JackL

JackL Guest

You can do it , using linkd utility included in Windows 2003 resource kit. However each time you or Plesk (implicitly) reconfigures ftp site, those settings will be overwritten

John S.G.

3. jerry2

jerry2 Guest

Oh, sorry to hear that. So it is better to leave it as it is? :-(

I guess using some other ftp program would make this possible, but as I found out Plesk only recognises the expensive one (the Serv-U)?

Jerry