• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Default page (park page)

N

neij

I have found several references to the LINUX location of the default page (the one that says "This is the placeholder for domain blah.com. If you see this page after uploading site content you probably have not replaced the index.html file") but I can't find it in the Windows version.

I would like to replace it with my own default page which will then appear when a new site is created.

I know I can just ftp an index.html file after creating a site, but I would like to alter the default.

Can anyone help?

TIA

neij

Go into IIS Manager
Click the documents tab
Add the page name and extension you want to use
Move that entry to the top.

This should resolve your issue.

Originally posted by chuck.boyer
Go into IIS Manager
Click the documents tab
Add the page name and extension you want to use
Move that entry to the top.

This should resolve your issue.

Thanks for your input, but I'm not sure I explained the question properly. When I create a new domain in Plesk, I want it to use a page of my choosing (still called index.html, but with my design and content in it) as a template for the "holding" page for that domain. At the moment Plesk creates a page saying "This is a placeholder for the domain domain.com".

I can see that your suggestion would allow me to use, say, myindex.html and have the server serve that up as the default page instead of index.html. But how do I then get Plesk to create myindex.html as the default, and where do I put the myindex.html template so that Plesk knows to use it?

If I have to ftp myindex.html up to the server anyway (as sounds likely given this suggestion), I might as well use index.html.

Or have I completely misunderstood how Plesk works?

TIA

Neij

Sorry, I understand your question now. Unfortunately we haven't gotten that far yet with our implementation so I'm not sure where that file is located.

Chuck

Originally posted by chuck.boyer
Sorry, I understand your question now. Unfortunately we haven't gotten that far yet with our implementation so I'm not sure where that file is located.
Chuck

No problem. When I read your original suggestion, I thought "That doesn't answer the question". But then I re-read my question and realized it really wasn't very clear :-(

Thanks again for your input!

Er... anyone else know the answer?

Neij

Back