• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Default SSL not working

O

ohmadevo

I just renewed my virtual server with GoDaddy (originally purchased with them on July 14, 2006), but the default SSL that came with it last year did not renew and is not working. I tried updating it within Plesk but it still has no CA Certificate component. GoDaddy said it is nothing to be concerned with. Here is their note: "The error message you are seeing when accessing your control panel is there because the SSL Certificate which is securing the page is not signed by a certification authority. Since it is an unsigned certificate, your web browser warns you when accessing the page that it's not to be a trusted site. Since this is your server's control panel, the certificate is in place to secure the data connection between you and the server. You should not worry about this message."

I disagree for 3 reasons:
1. This was not the case before; in the past year, I never had such a warning.
2. It expressly says my certificate has expired. It is not just warning me that it's not to be trusted.
3. Plesk signed it before. Why not this time?

They replied again that it was nothing to worry about and said it I wanted to get rid of this message, I would need to manually install a self-signed certificate. I added the self-signed certificate but it too (like the default one) has no CA Certificate component. So the warning remains. Is there any way I can get a current CA Certificate component for the default SSL for my server?
Thank you!

Well, they fixed the certificate so that it's current, at least. But I still get a warning because it's not signed. Now I'd just like to know how to get a signed certificate. Even a self-signed one would be fine if it worked. Thank you for any ideas.

Back