• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Dependency error on 7.5.1 -> 7.5.2 upgrade.

N

nige

Hi

Just ran the updater to move from 7.5.1 to 7.5.2 and have got a dependency error. I'm running a clean FC2 release with only plesk updates from 7.1.

Preparing for packages installation...
----- begin of output -----
Installing kdelibs-3.2.2-12.FC2.i386.rpm
Installing qt-3.3.3-0.1.i386.rpm
Installing qt-devel-3.3.3-0.1.i386.rpm
Installing fam-2.6.10-9.FC2.i386.rpm
Installing fam-devel-2.6.10-9.FC2.i386.rpm
warning: /root/psa/PSA_7.5.2/FC2_std.updates/kdelibs-3.2.2-12.FC2.i386.rpm: V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID 4f2a6fd2
error: Failed dependencies:
libjpeg-devel is needed by qt-devel-3.3.3-0.1
libmng-devel is needed by qt-devel-3.3.3-0.1
libpng-devel is needed by qt-devel-3.3.3-0.1
libselinux-devel is needed by fam-devel-2.6.10-9.FC2
I've already got the "non-devel" versions of libjpeg, libmng, libpng and libselinux installed. It looks like the new version of qt-devel and fam-devel needs the devel versions of these libraries whereas before they didn't.

Should I trawl the internet to find and install manually rpms for these libraries or is this just a glitch in the updater?

Thanks
Nige.

Me Too

Receiving virtually the same error.

Preparing for packages installation...
----- begin of output -----
Installing kdelibs-3.2.2-12.FC2.i386.rpm
Installing qt-3.3.3-0.1.i386.rpm
Installing qt-devel-3.3.3-0.1.i386.rpm
Installing fam-2.6.10-9.FC2.i386.rpm
Installing fam-devel-2.6.10-9.FC2.i386.rpm
error: Failed dependencies:
libjpeg-devel is needed by qt-devel-3.3.3-0.1
libmng-devel is needed by qt-devel-3.3.3-0.1
libpng-devel is needed by qt-devel-3.3.3-0.1
libselinux-devel is needed by fam-devel-2.6.10-9.FC2

----- end of output -----
===> Autoinstaller: stopped logging at Mon Feb 7 12:00:36 2005

I'm getting really sick of nothing working properly. I have a server that I'd like to retire but I can't migrate because the migrator is broken. I can't update because the updater is broken. And over the weekend I received an invoice for another year's worth of support. Support?!? For this kind of support they should be paying me...

Dave

I just did the obvious on this one and manually installed the rpm's it said it needed. I agree I shouldn't have to do this but SW-Soft support is too slow to deal with live-environment issues.

I first checked what I had installed as the libraries come in devel/non-devel versions. So, for example I had libjpgeg-6b-31.1 so I installed libjpg-devel-6b-31.1.

After that, it all ran fine.... except for MySQL via PhP and Horde. Horde was in arabic and I was getting query errors from MySQL on my PhP-based apps. The fix for this was simple, and turned out to be a new version of the Ioncube library needs installing. Search for "horde+arabic" in the forums for the fix.

Cheers
Nige.

Okay, that worked :)

Thanks Nige, that was particularly useful information. Fortunately I've been learning how to deal with command-line things with Linux over time and was able to apply the RPMs and the horde fix myself. (That was a laugher, wasn't it?) Your quick response was very appreciated. Now if only swsoft could improve their software quality I could go back to developing websites and not being a Linux expert.

If you do an up2date -i (rpm/dependancy) you can easily get it back up and running easily..

-Mike

Back