1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

[Devolpment Enviroment] Before Upgrading Version...

Discussion in 'Plesk 9.x for Windows Suggestions and Feedback' started by soporteip, Sep 3, 2009.

1. soporteip

soporteip Basic Pleskian

57%
    Hi.
    Im running Plesk Control Panel 8.6.x on a Windows 2003 Server Enterprise Edition (SP2).
    I'm going to upgrade to version 9.2.1 and im planning to make it first on a devolpment enviroment:
    -Install Windows 2003 Server Enterprise Edition SP2 with all the Critical & Security Updates.
    -Install lesk Control Panel v.8.6.0.5 Update 080924.19
    -Restore the last backup of my producction server.
    -Apply Update to Plesk Control Panel v.9.2.1
    -Verify all services.
    -Apply the rollback plan i'm doing (still in progress in thread: http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?t=93393)

I only have a certificate for my producction server, so i'm thinking that i wouldnt be able to use the same certificate for the devolpment enviroment cause its going to have a different IP (and for what i understund, it validates the certificate to the IP Address).
    So... Is there a way i can make an develpment enviroment to try the upgrade before apply it to my produccion server?

Thanks in advance.
    Bye!

PD: Dont tell me to buy another Certificate for Plesk cause they are that cheap for me!

2. soporteip

soporteip Basic Pleskian

57%
    Hi!
    Sorry to bother again with this, but can someone help me with this please?
    Thanks.

Bye!

3. soporteip

soporteip Basic Pleskian

57%
    Hi!
    Anything i can do to test Plesk 9.2.1 in a development enviroment?

Thanks in advance.
    Bye.