• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Did Yum (art) update - No Plesk CP

M

mmcbee

I did a yum (ART) Update , according ssh all installed correctly but I cannot get back into plesk 7.5.3 get the error

ERROR: Unable to connect to database: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) 0: /usr/local/psa/admin/auto_prepend/auth.php3:67 psaerror(string "Unable to connect to database: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)")

I cannot reboot the server (hosted remotely) assuming that would fix the problem. Running psa 7.5.3 on Fedora 2

Any ideas?

Thanks

help

im having the same problem... i try to access plesk and i get this error...

ERROR: Unable to connect to database: get_admin_password() failed: file_get_contents() failed: 0: /usr/local/psa/admin/auto_prepend/auth.php3:81 psaerror(string "Unable to connect to database: get_admin_password() failed: file_get_contents() failed: ")

so i figure, yea yum update screwed it up and i try to connect to ssh and i get this error...
Network Error: Connection Refused

so i figure im screwed and try to run the recovery tool that 1&1 offers and attempt to do a reboot, still didnt fix anything... i cannot access ssh/plesk or the serial console 1&1 offers... is my only option to reimage AGAIN?

i couldnt get into anything, not even the serial console.... i reimaged it and im already back to normal again :)

I am having this same problem and a re-image is not a good idea as i do not have a backup of several databases across a few diffrent domains...The only way i can access the server, even via serial console is to reboot into the rescue system and at this point i do not know what to do to restore normal access.

Back