1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice

Did Yum (art) update - No Plesk CP

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by mmcbee, Aug 22, 2005.

1. mmcbee

mmcbee Guest

I did a yum (ART) Update , according ssh all installed correctly but I cannot get back into plesk 7.5.3 get the error

ERROR: Unable to connect to database: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) 0: /usr/local/psa/admin/auto_prepend/auth.php3:67 psaerror(string "Unable to connect to database: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)")

I cannot reboot the server (hosted remotely) assuming that would fix the problem. Running psa 7.5.3 on Fedora 2

Any ideas?

Thanks

2. mmcbee

mmcbee Guest

Nevermind.

Restarted mysql and that fixed the problem

3. atomicturtle

atomicturtle Golden Pleskian

its always the silly stuff huh

4. mmcbee

mmcbee Guest

too often :D

5. LarryH

LarryH Guest

help

im having the same problem... i try to access plesk and i get this error...

so i figure, yea yum update screwed it up and i try to connect to ssh and i get this error...
    so i figure im screwed and try to run the recovery tool that 1&1 offers and attempt to do a reboot, still didnt fix anything... i cannot access ssh/plesk or the serial console 1&1 offers... is my only option to reimage AGAIN?

6. lvalics

lvalics Silver Pleskian Plesk Guru

43%
    You cannot use SSH Terminal from PLESK??

7. LarryH

LarryH Guest

i couldnt get into anything, not even the serial console.... i reimaged it and im already back to normal again :)

8. JoeBoo

JoeBoo Guest

I am having this same problem and a re-image is not a good idea as i do not have a backup of several databases across a few diffrent domains...The only way i can access the server, even via serial console is to reboot into the rescue system and at this point i do not know what to do to restore normal access.