• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Directories in FTP

G

GHoSti

Hi!

I did a search before but didn't found anything that answers my question.

I don't use Shellaccess for any client, but with FTP I have dir's: /bin etc. Can I delete some of them? I found a thread in which some1 posted that they couldn't be deleted 'cause plesk needs them, but I don't have a clue for what plesk needs bash etc at your-domain.com :) I don't have many domains but some of my friends which have their domains on my server only want to have httpdocs, httpsdocs, cgi-bin, subdomains... things related only for webpage.

The next thing is, that I am not sure about the settings for a client... in german there is nothing to setup for no shell access... there is (translated): client can allow or disallow shell access, something with chrooted environment and the last is can set access for every type of shell...
If I use english language the first is: client cannot allow or disallow shell access (or somthing like that ;))... think you see the difference here :) so I am not sure about which one is right I tried all 3 and still all paths, but only with german language but I think english language should do the same :)

Thanks for helping me :)

On your first point - no you cannot delete them, but you can hide them by editing your /etc/proftp.conf file. Look for:

<Directory /var/www/vhosts>
GroupOwner psacln
</Directory>

And change it to:

<Directory /var/www/vhosts>
GroupOwner psacln
HideNoAccess On
HideUser root
</Directory>

As for SSH use by clients - I personally don't allow it as it is a huge security risk. Just select "client cannot allow or disallow shell access"

Hi!

thx for your reply.
I now use english version 'cause in german there is no point to tell plesk "client cannot allow or disallow shell access" :( I don't want to make anything false :)
the changes for proftpd.conf did it! :)

Back