• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Disable Email Option

T

Tubol

Hi,

Can anyone help me to disable emial creation option in Clients Control Panel? We use Plesk purely for Domain and Web Hosting only. But the clients are curious so they do what they can do on the Panel. And the only way is to remove the option for Mail creation in Clients Control Panel.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Nataliya,

Thanks for the reply, but i cant see any option where i can hide the "Mail" button from the "Main Menu" of the Client's Control Panel. The options that you said was only for hiding the buttons on the right panel.

Please advice.

Thanks again :D

Hi, Nataliya,

I follow your instruction but that option applies only for right-side panel. How about the Left-side panel? The mail button is still available on the left panel that make the client to access the Mail option.

Please advice.

Thank you.

Hi, anyone please? Really need to disable this option. Cause this confuses the client.

Thanks in advance.

You can try following workaround:

1. Copy NavigationContext.php from attach to /usr/local/psa/admin/plib (create backup original NavigationContext.php just in case)
2. Execute (after that 'Mail' links will be hidden in the left menu of all users):
mysql -uadmin -p`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow` -Dpsa -e "insert into misc (param, val) values ('hide_mail_link', 'true');"

It will be implemented to the one of major Plesk update.

Attachments

• NavigationContext_9.2.2lin.zip
    18.7 KB · Views: 15
You're great Igor! :D This solve the issue.

Btw, how can i make it back in case we need it to use? Do i just copy the original file and execute the mysql script?

Thanks a lot!

Hi Igor,

May i know when and where update will this be implimented?

Thanks,

Tubol,

If you want return all back you can just replace this file with original version an delete added to misc table record.

And unfortunately I have no any ETA when it will be implemented.

Back