• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

disable users issue

I

icebaz

Hi,

While reading a couple of few previous posts of about disabling users and the issues it leaves behind it like:

1. it completely removes the zone from the DNS
2. It doesn't notify the user with a "suspended page" like many other Control Panels do
3. You'll actually have to disable that domain from the mail server manually as a user can login from webmail using another domain name hosted on the machine.

My question to the plesk admins is, have you guys actually found a way around this ?

I'd appreciate some feedback/advice as I don't want to spend all day enabling/disabling accounts and explaining to the customers what had happened.

regards,
Bassam

Hello icebz,

What exact issue annoys you?

BTW you cannot login to mailbox m1@domain1 via mailname m1@domain2.

Hi,

when i disable users, I actually need to redirect all domains belonging to this user to a "Suspended Page", is there a way to automate this?

Keep in mind that I also want the user not be able to login to his/her account while this is done.

Thank you for your help

Bassam

Originally posted by icebaz
when i disable users, I actually need to redirect all domains belonging to this user to a "Suspended Page", is there a way to automate this?

There is Server Default page that is located in <vhosts>\default\htdocs.
This page will appear if HTTP request came on the server but there is not active virtual web server which can process this request.

Back