1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

disable users issue

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by icebaz, Jul 27, 2007.

1. icebaz

icebaz Guest

Hi,

While reading a couple of few previous posts of about disabling users and the issues it leaves behind it like:

1. it completely removes the zone from the DNS
    2. It doesn't notify the user with a "suspended page" like many other Control Panels do
    3. You'll actually have to disable that domain from the mail server manually as a user can login from webmail using another domain name hosted on the machine.

My question to the plesk admins is, have you guys actually found a way around this ?

I'd appreciate some feedback/advice as I don't want to spend all day enabling/disabling accounts and explaining to the customers what had happened.

regards,
    Bassam

2. sergius

sergius Golden Pleskian

57%
    Hello icebz,

What exact issue annoys you?

BTW you cannot login to mailbox m1@domain1 via mailname m1@domain2.

3. icebaz

icebaz Guest

Hi,

when i disable users, I actually need to redirect all domains belonging to this user to a "Suspended Page", is there a way to automate this?

Keep in mind that I also want the user not be able to login to his/her account while this is done.

Thank you for your help

Bassam

4. sergius

sergius Golden Pleskian

57%
    There is Server Default page that is located in <vhosts>\default\htdocs.
    This page will appear if HTTP request came on the server but there is not active virtual web server which can process this request.