• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Disappointed with Plesk....

Y

yong

Hi,

Recently bought Plesk with 100 domain license as well as addon for Tomcat and Postgresql.. And now i really regret it..

Trying to install Acitime application which require Tomcat in one of the domain only realising that it need to be in .war file.. Can't I just upload everything in httpdocs folder??

Trying to install SQL-Ledger into another of my domain and it requires Postgresql. And one of the steps is it needs to create another user using Postgres user. Realising that Plesk do not use the default postgres user, but the one specify in Plesk GUI. I used that user but i cannot execute createlang plpgsql template1 command. It always give the error of No entry found in pg_hba.conf......blah blah blah...

Trying to create sub-ftp account and guess what? It does not come by default..

Now i am stuck with this license with the crappy Tomcat and postgresql addon which I cannot use it to do anything... :mad: :mad:

I really don't think you soly can blame Plesk if somethings wrongly setup or missing in your Postgres setup.

Some things are still left for you (or your serveradmin) to solve if nothing works out of the box.

The Plesk license for supporting Postgres don't include support for setting up a correct working Postgres - its merely just to make Plesk offer support for users being able to create Postgres databases as with MySQL databases.

I've been using Postgres with Plesk here for some time now and on my FreeBSD setup there's no problems.

About your Tomcat problems - I can't do you any help - I don't use Tomcat /Java in my hosting environment.

Originally posted by yong
Hi,

Recently bought Plesk with 100 domain license as well as addon for Tomcat and Postgresql.. And now i really regret it..

Trying to install Acitime application which require Tomcat in one of the domain only realising that it need to be in .war file.. Can't I just upload everything in httpdocs folder??

Trying to install SQL-Ledger into another of my domain and it requires Postgresql. And one of the steps is it needs to create another user using Postgres user. Realising that Plesk do not use the default postgres user, but the one specify in Plesk GUI. I used that user but i cannot execute createlang plpgsql template1 command. It always give the error of No entry found in pg_hba.conf......blah blah blah...

Trying to create sub-ftp account and guess what? It does not come by default..

Now i am stuck with this license with the crappy Tomcat and postgresql addon which I cannot use it to do anything... :mad: :mad:

Sorry to hear your frusturation. I've used plesk for about 6 months now and I love it. Coming from Ensim, it's a HUGE imporvement.

The only thing that I am disappointed about is the lack of shell functionality in a chrooted environment. It's taken me a lot of work and a lot of hacks to give people the access to applications they need.

Other than that, Plesk is a dream. I think you'll find that you have to tweak it to get it to work right, but after you do, it runs pretty well.

Yes. I do come from Ensim as well and Plesk is an huge improvment i must admit. It works fantastic but I just felt disappointed by the add-ons.

It is maybe my fault that I did not read in details the documentation of Plesk before I plunged into the Tomcat and Postgresql addon. Wouldn't it be very troublesome to keep uoloading the .war file even the slightest change in my jsp script? And I tried using the superuser created in the Plesk interface to run the command createlang plpgsql template1 but i still get the permission denied error even I typed in the correct password.

Unfortuantely I can't help you on that. I dont use tomcat, and I don't think I even have any customers who do

Back