1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Discounts and Promotions

Discussion in 'Customer&Business Manager (formerly Plesk Billing)' started by kram@, Jan 15, 2012.

1. kram@

kram@ Regular Pleskian

40%
    Hello All,

I am busy migrating about 300 domains from Plesk 9.5 to 10.4.4 with BM.
    On the new server using BM, I have slightly increased the pricing.
    On the previous server, a number of clients paid annually for services.

What I am trying to figure out is:

How do I apply a Discount or Coupons to subscription that have been migrated?
    some clients might request the old price for the remainder of the term.
    I need a way to adjust the price so all invoices from BM reflect the discount.

In the case of clients who have paid annually for subscriptions, I need to apply a custom 100% Coupon for the term or the agreement.

Any suggestions?

2. EugeneL

EugeneL Regular Pleskian

57%
    Hello,

I'm not sure that I've understood you correctly - could you please give me more detailed example, with numbers if possible? Something like "My plan costs $10 monthly and $120 annually + 10% discount for annual periods; I have a migrated customer, I want him to pay $XX for specific period (1 month, 1 year), I want him to pay $YY after this period monthly/annually"

For now I can only describe the optiosn clearer:
    1. Before you start migrating customers, create appropriate plans (or migrate them from Plesk) and set up required billing cycles, prices and discounts. This will describe your offering for future clients.
    2. When you migrate the subscription, it'll be attached to online store and service plan. The first cycle in plan will be chosen for subscription - prices and discounts associated with this cycle will be applied.
    3. You are free to change cycle in subscription settings, redefine next renewal date to issue new invoice when you need this, override price and apply discount - it'll be always applied. You can also apply custom price for some limited amount of cycles - use coupon price and number of coupon cycles. Set coupon cycles to 1 if you need to apply custom price only one time.
    4. You can also give special discount to given customer in his properties - this discount will be always applied to all his subscriptions (something like a VIP customer feature).

If you have further questions - feel free t contact me here.