• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Disk QUOTA not applying to email with MailEnable Pro 1.75

D

datThomas

I have disk QUOTA limit set via Plesk yet email usage is over that quota.

Does Plesk 7.5.6 not work in this area with respect to MailEnable Pro 1.75?

Sir, there are two disk quota in plesk - hard and soft.
You are talking about soft disk quota management which is calculated by statistics daily.
When this quota is reached, Plesk will send you warning about it and you may disable this domain, for example.

Originally posted by sergius
Sir, there are two disk quota in plesk - hard and soft.
You are talking about soft disk quota management which is calculated by statistics daily.
When this quota is reached, Plesk will send you warning about it and you may disable this domain, for example.

It is my understaning that there are two areas to set limits.

1) under domains--> domain.com--> Limits, there is "Disk Space" which is what I believe you refer to as a 'soft' limit.

2) under domains--> domain.com--> Physical hosting setup page, there is 'Hard disk quota' which I believe is what you refer to as 'hard' quota.

This is what I am referring to in my original post. That is why I capitalized the word "QUOTA" in my thread title.

If you have any further thoughts on why this QUOTA limit is being exceeded by the mail using MailEnable Pro 1.75, please do share.

edited to add; anyone? anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

I'm not sure that I understood you properly.
Please look at this page http://www.mailenable.com/hotfix/default.asp

No, you're not. I'll review:

Domain's hard, disk qouta set to 500 megs. Combination of httpdocs (200 megs), stats (50 megs), and mail (400 megs) exceeds the quota.

Why does plesk allow the email to accumulate over the quota. Does Plesk not integrate with MailEnable to apply the disk quota to the mailbox?

(I am also raising this issue with MailEnable).

Originally posted by datThomas
Does Plesk not integrate with MailEnable to apply the disk quota to the mailbox?

(I am also raising this issue with MailEnable).
Sure, You should go to Plesk > Domains > domain.com > Mail > [email protected] > Mailbox and set Mailbox quota.
This value will be set in MailEnable.

Sure, You should go to Plesk > Domains > domain.com > Mail > [email protected] > Mailbox and set Mailbox quota.
This value will be set in MailEnable.

Sigh. We're not communicating very well.

I want an overall cap for the amount of disk space used by a domain including the space used by email and their attachments.

My understanding is that "Hard Disk QUOTA" in the Plesk CP is supposed to do that. Is this the case?

No, hard disk quota limits only total size of files owned by domain ftp user. This is Windows hard disk quota as is.

No, hard disk quota limits only total size of files owned by domain ftp user. This is Windows hard disk quota as is.

I'll accept that since it is the behavior I'm seeing, however, under server preferences section; "Include in the disk space usage calculation" mailboxes is a choice. Is this simply something that SWSoft has not gotten around to doing as far as MailEnable Pro is concerned?

Originally posted by datThomas
under server preferences section; "Include in the disk space usage calculation" mailboxes is a choice. Is this simply something that SWSoft has not gotten around to doing as far as MailEnable Pro is concerned?
Seems you lost email notification "Account Limit Notices".
Plesk calculates disk space usage by tool Statistics.exe every day and if limit is reached Plesk only send email notification about it. If you want to do something you should use event "Disk space limit for domain account is reached".
For more about Event Manager see http://download1.swsoft.com/Plesk/Plesk8.1/Windows/Docs/plesk-8.1-win-administrators-guide/24944.htm

Seems you lost email notification "Account Limit Notices".
Plesk calculates disk space usage by tool Statistics.exe every day and if limit is reached Plesk only send email notification about it. If you want to do something you should use event "Disk space limit for domain account is reached".
For more about Event Manager see http://download1.swsoft.com/Plesk/Plesk8.1/Windows/Docs/plesk-8.1-win-administrators-guide/24944.htm

This is the main issue I'm having. Plesk is capable of recognizing overall domain disk usage exceeds limit (including email) and will send an email alert to this affect. That's all well and good but I would like the option to have ftp and email stopped AUTOMATICALLY (not manually) with the message "disk usage exceeded". It seems if it can calculate domain overage of overall limit and send a notice, it should be able to stop additional consumption of the Hard Drive.

As it is, if a domain with a hard disk quota of 1 gig is using 800 megs in email it can still use the httpdocs up to the full 1 gig and given the ability of plesk to know when OVERALL usage exceeds limit and emails a warning I fail to understand why it can't halt further HD consumption either by email or ftp.

datThomas,
Sorry for delay.
I saw you request and thank you for your report.
It is very helpful to understand needs of our customers.
I cannot provide snap decision of this issue right now but I can confirm that your request was heared and we will concider it for the next Plesk versions.

Hi,

I believe the problem is not solved in the next version.
Plesk issues a warning email, but does stop the domain user from exceeding space.

These things needs to be automated.
I guess Swsoft realises the plight of hosting business owners. It is tremendously embarassing calling up or sending an email to a client to say please delete your emails and if not, pay up more or we are going to delete !!! Besides do you know how it is to come to a negotiation with every third client. Webhosts will not have time for anything else after this.

Swsoft, the situation is more serious than you imagine.
:)

Back