• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Disk Quota wrongly 8.01

igraf

Regular Pleskian
hello, i have 8 domains on my root server. previous it showed disk space correctly.

now disk space on domains
bildergallery: previous 965MB
now 5,5MB

by all domains the same problems!!

hardisk on system/server/statistic
is used 3 559.45 MB

and not 20mb as in the above wrong.gif picture

what is wrong??

I already made
-restart server
-with putty /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/statistics

Last edited:
apparently its a bug, i though PLESK used the get_dir_size command on the /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin directory and with the results updated the mysql table, but that isnt the case, the get_dir_size tool indeed reports correctly the disk usage of the sites.

I have already reported it to Sw-Soft, lets see if they release a solution for this anytime soon.

thank you for the fast replay.

then works plesk (swsoft) on it?

its the updater problem also a bug??

greets

Last edited:
Not a problem at all :). about the updater being buggy, it is not, at least not that i am aware of.

I will hear soon from them, about this disk usage bug, if the bug is general enough, they will release an hotfix for it available through the updater.

Plesk has responded, they indicate that this is a known issue for this Plesk version. They say that there will be a fix in the near future, and to check for updates to Plesk to repair the problem.

I also noticed this bug and reported to plesk. We also noticed that if you switched to "file size" from "amount of disk space used" it worked. The numbers aren't 100% correct, but better than nothing (worked as a temporary solution for my 70 domains with quotas).

We analyzed the psa/admin/sbin/statistics program and either block counting is a bit buggy, or it's perhaps unable to determine the correct block size, in which case it's lacking
some kind of error message. Furthermore, the SQL queries seem to be incorrectly quoted, however, after reporting the error it just halts, instead of moving on. After reporting this we got a new version of the statistics program which seems to be working as it should.

lucky you

Lucky you, for me nothing works, and they didnt even took the care of fixing the statistic program.

I will contact them again soon to see what do they resolve on this.

cheers,

I'm still experiencing the same problem and its quite annoying.

If what you say is true, they have a working fix for the problem and just choose not to distribute it.

Quite weird...

not only disk space reports wrong, bandwith usage as well. not same on domain list than in domain info itself.... lol

Test this from the support

please try using following commands to fix the problem with statistics:

# mysql -uadmin -p`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow` psa -e"update misc set val='byte' where param='size_count_type'"
# /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/statistics

Also, please use the "du -sb" command to verify real size of directories.

Fixed

thank you falk for the very nice tip.
this implemented and it runs

greets

Last edited:
Back