1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

DNS is not authoritative

Discussion in 'Plesk Expand 2.3 Troubleshooting Issues' started by Christian Lund, Oct 22, 2009.

1. Christian Lund

Christian Lund New Pleskian

73%
    I am running a Plesk Expand setup with a centralized DNS server. I have added a Plesk server to the centralized DNS zone, but it is not responding as authoritative for other domains in the zone (ie domains that are listed in the centralized DNS).

It does, however, respond correctly to domains hosted on the same server.

If I attempt to transfer domains to the DNS zone, the ccTLD hostmaster responds with the following:

How do I make a Plesk server added to a centralized DNS authoritative?

2. gold

gold Regular Pleskian

57%
    The Plesk server can be authoritative for his own domains only.

3. Christian Lund

73%
    I suppose a DNS can be authoritative for domains hosted on other servers if it is a slave of a CDNS.

ns1.sparck.dk is the CDNS
    ns2.sparck.dk is supposed to be setup as a DNS slave of CDNS, however ns2.sparck.dk is not receiving the the zone transfer.

4. gold

gold Regular Pleskian

57%
    You need to use a separate DNS-server with DNS-controller installed which should be added as a DNS slave for ns1.sparck.dk.

5. Christian Lund

73%
    Oddly enough, this is not the answer that I am getting from Plesk Expand support. Allthough, in all fairness, they have not managed to help me solve the issue yet either.

Can a Plesk server not be added as a Slave DNS Server?

6. gold

gold Regular Pleskian

57%
    Yes. You can not add a Plesk server as a Slave DNS Server to Expand`s Centralized DNS.