• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

DNS/Name Server Question?

D

downkaos

So I have multiple plesk servers and I'd like just to of them to handle the DNS for all ns1/ns2. Any ideas on how to do this, I was looking at Plesk Expand but it looks like it dosen't even do that.....

Anyone using Plesks ACL feature and could explain their setup in detail would really help me out......

Lets set up a situation:

I have server plesk1 with ip 127.0.0.1 and I have plesk2 with ip 127.0.0.2

I register plesk1.blah.com and plesk2.blah.com as my name servers.

Now I want plesk1 to be the master server and handle all zones and dns requests and I want plesk2 to handle it for backup. How would I go about setting this up in plesk using it's acl feature......

ART has a set of scripts to create primery/secondary DNS with autoupdates for Plesk servers.

Wit a bit of tweaking/mods, it works perfectly for as many servers as you wish, all using the selected ns1/ns2 pair (or also ns3, ns4, ns5 etc. if you want more than two).

Have you tested it out?

Do you need to put the files on both servers and run them on both servers?

What if you have domains on ns1 and ns2 that both need to be masters and then ns3 needs to send stuff to ns1 and ns2?

Sure, we use these scripts. We just modified them a bit, nothing special.

You'll need to put the files on all the servers and run them on all of them. Third server is not a problem - like I mentioned, this can be used on many servers, not just two.

Back