• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

DNS Problem in Plesk panel

M

MojtabaS

Hi.
sorry i have problem with my DNS Server of Plesk on Windows 2003.
i use default bind DNS Server on plesk
My name server and mail domain is working fine but my other domain i added every day going to time out
when i Login to panel with admin and go to domain list it will be Ok.

so i want to change my DNS Server from bind to MS DNS i got error

Error: Set default component failed: defpackagemng failed: Execute dnsmng.exe REMOVE * failed: Class not registered (COM Error 80040154) at execute C:\Program Files\Parallels\Plesk\admin\bin\dnsmng.exe REMOVE *
Execute dnsmng.exe UPDATE * failed: Class not registered (COM Error 80040154) at execute C:\Program Files\Parallels\Plesk\admin\bin\dnsmng.exe UPDATE *

Can help me any one ?

Thank you for replay.

My DNS Version is 5.2.3790.3959
i use Windows 2003 Enterprise Edition Sp2 - full update.

only my MS DNS Server is Stopped . maybe the problem is here ?

hi again.
sorry I Start DNS Server and Try to change DNS Server from plesk panel but again i have that Error.
i don't know my only reason to change DNS server is Bind DNS Time out Problem , if i solve that i don't need to change DNS Server.

if it possible Please help me to change DNS Server.

DNS Problem in Win 2008 - Seems a bug

Plesk's release note says you support 5.2 version of MS DNS (http://download1.parallels.com/Plesk/Panel9.5/Windows/9.5.0/plesk-9.5.0-for-windows.htm) . May I know whether 9.5.1 supports, MS DNS 6.0 version, or do we need to think about downgrading the version (not sure whether it is possible even).

We have the same issue reported, but unfortunately, no error logs when switching the DNS. This is the second server we are seeing where BIND DNS stop working all on a sudden without anything in the event logs. First one was a 2003 server and this one is 2008. Switching to MS DNS on 2003 did fix the issue, but switching in 2008 is not working.

Ran,

defpackagemng.exe --fix --type=dnsserver without any errors
dnsmng.exe REMOVE * also worked without any errors
dnsmng.exe UPDATE * also worked without any errors

But switching doesn't happen, even though the zones are created. No message in Plesk's log or in DNS server's log. What exactly happens as per the logs are..

1. MS DNS is started - Informational logs
2. It converts the forward zones - Information logs
3. It converts the reverse zones - Informational logs
4. MS DNS is stopped - Informational logs

Why did it stop ?

We are welcomed with the message -

================
Set default component failed: defpackagemng failed: Execute dnsmng.exe REMOVE * failed:
Execute dnsmng.exe UPDATE * failed:
================

Also, we tried to configure the default from cmd prompt

"%plesk_bin%\defpackagemng.exe" --set --type=dnsserver --default=msdns

and that also resulted in

===================
Execute dnsmng.exe REMOVE * failed
Execute dnsmng.exe UPDATE * failed
===================

And if we run dnsmng.exe REMOVE * and dnsmng.exe UPDATE * independently, it works.

Unfortunately, these error messages doesn't give a clue. I work for a support firm, SupportSages.com and is trying to help a client who is facing the issue. Few of our engineers did work on this issue and unfortunately the upstream provider of our client doesn't seem to be big enough to get official support from Plesk or refused to open a ticket on behalf of us. We continue to work on this, but still would like a confirmation.

Can we get a confirmation from the team that, Plesk 9.5.1 support 5.2 and above (including 6.0.6002.18005) and not just =5.2 version.

Plesk support only 5.2 and with the update of R2 of Windows server 2008, it updates the DNS to 6.0. You may need to wait for Plesk 9.5.2 or higher to get support for 6.0.

We're having the same issue with Plesk 9.5.2 and Windows 2008 R2 x64. The irony, we were running Plesk 9.2 which did not officially support R2 but all worked ok. Now that we're running 9.5.2 which supports R2, dnsmng is no longer working properly!!!

There is a fix that helps with this dnsmng issue: http://kb.odin.com/en/8652

Might be useful -- we had a case when after applying this fix switching DNS from Bind to MS kept hanging when run from Plesk panel or from command line. It was caused by hung up defpackagemng.exe and dnsmng.exe processes. After killing all instances (can be done from task manager, 'processes' tab, of from command line with 'taskkill /F /IM'), switching nameservers back and forth started to work correctly.

Thank you this fixed my issue to keep it set on MS DNS after reinstalling 9.5.2 using network install. Operating system is Windows 2008 x 64 bit edition and at getnetsmart it doesn't matter if you are on 32 or 64 bit O/S just install Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package or to update to SP1 even get ATL Security Update and finally install the hotfix.

Back