1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

DNS question!

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by shahin, Sep 5, 2008.

1. shahin

shahin Guest

Hi,

I am new to plesk, I did install it on a debian 4 and it working corectly, but I have a question, we are going to use this program to allow our clients to create there own e-mails and change there DNS settins, should this debian server with plesk be a regiterd Name server? or can pointed to othere name server? for user to be able to change there DNS setting?

Thanks,

Shahin

2. faris

faris Guest

If you intend to use Plesk as a primary or a secondary nameserver (or both) then yes, you'll need to create namserver host records for the "nameserver" domain which points to the IP(s) of your Plesk server.

Have a look here: http://www.cymru1.net/help/vps-hints-and-tips.php (under Understanding and setting up DNS) for more information.

Faris.

3. shahin

shahin Guest

Hi faris,

Thanks for your rplay it was very helpful, now i understand the concept behind the DNS and the plesk.

Thanks,

Shahin