1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice

DNS Server dosn't start / Plesk 7.5.2

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by Shazmandur, Mar 20, 2005.

1. Shazmandur

Shazmandur Guest

Hello!

I've bought a new dedicated server with plesk installed, but i couldn't start DNS service.

What must i do to correct the Error?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Server >
    ERROR Up LevelUp Level

Unable to make action: Unable to manage service by dnsmng: dnsmng: Service named failed to start

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0: /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/server/restart_services.php:19 psaerror(string "Unable to make action: Unable to manage service by dnsmng: dnsmng: Service named failed to start")

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

greetings
    Christian

2. eWebtricity

eWebtricity Guest

Was it running before, what changed? If it's brand new and hasn't worked ever, i wouldn't waste my time on it. Send it back and ask for a reimage.

3. Shazmandur

Shazmandur Guest

reimage

Thanks we made reimage

4. justyxxxx

justyxxxx Guest

I have received this message in the past after deleting an ip address, but looking at the services a few seconds later shows that the service actually did start. Sometimes it might take a little longer to start and you get that error in the Control Panel, but looking at the Services section might show that it actually was properly started.