• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

DNS Server dosn't start / Plesk 7.5.2

S

Shazmandur

Hello!

I've bought a new dedicated server with plesk installed, but i couldn't start DNS service.

What must i do to correct the Error?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Server >
ERROR Up LevelUp Level

Unable to make action: Unable to manage service by dnsmng: dnsmng: Service named failed to start

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0: /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/server/restart_services.php:19 psaerror(string "Unable to make action: Unable to manage service by dnsmng: dnsmng: Service named failed to start")

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

greetings
Christian

Was it running before, what changed? If it's brand new and hasn't worked ever, i wouldn't waste my time on it. Send it back and ask for a reimage.

reimage

Originally posted by eWebtricity
Was it running before, what changed? If it's brand new and hasn't worked ever, i wouldn't waste my time on it. Send it back and ask for a reimage.

Thanks we made reimage

I have received this message in the past after deleting an ip address, but looking at the services a few seconds later shows that the service actually did start. Sometimes it might take a little longer to start and you get that error in the Control Panel, but looking at the Services section might show that it actually was properly started.

Back