1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

DNS Server dosn't start / Plesk 7.5.2

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by Shazmandur, Mar 20, 2005.

1. Shazmandur

Shazmandur Guest

Hello!

I've bought a new dedicated server with plesk installed, but i couldn't start DNS service.

What must i do to correct the Error?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Server >
    ERROR Up LevelUp Level

Unable to make action: Unable to manage service by dnsmng: dnsmng: Service named failed to start

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0: /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/server/restart_services.php:19 psaerror(string "Unable to make action: Unable to manage service by dnsmng: dnsmng: Service named failed to start")

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

greetings
    Christian

2. eWebtricity

eWebtricity Guest

Was it running before, what changed? If it's brand new and hasn't worked ever, i wouldn't waste my time on it. Send it back and ask for a reimage.

3. Shazmandur

Shazmandur Guest

reimage

Thanks we made reimage

4. justyxxxx

justyxxxx Guest

I have received this message in the past after deleting an ip address, but looking at the services a few seconds later shows that the service actually did start. Sometimes it might take a little longer to start and you get that error in the Control Panel, but looking at the Services section might show that it actually was properly started.