• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Dns SRV Records ...

J

JoaoCorreia

It would be nice to include support for SRV records on future releases of Plesk.

Regards
Joao Correia

SRV Records

I just tought to bring this up. I think it can be very usefull for so many of us.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SRV_record

An SRV record or Service record is a category of data in the Internet Domain Name System specifying information on available services. It is defined in RFC 2782. Newer internet protocols such as SIP and XMPP often require SRV support from clients. Client implementations of older protocols (e.g. LDAP, SMTP) may have SRV support added to it.

Regards
Joao Correia

Why not add those records yourself? Just change the DNS template if you want another default DNS setup.

Originally posted by breun
Why not add those records yourself? Just change the DNS template if you want another default DNS setup.

Because as ridiculous as it may seem, Plesk doesn't support SRV records! Even in the latest PSA 8.2.0 for Linux I cannot select SRV records from the drop-down list. Without hacking Plesk there is no way to implement SRV records. I never needed to create SRV records until recently some clients needed it and asked me about it. I can't believe it's not a standard DNS feature in Plesk.

Back