• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

DNS Synchronisation bug when using Microsoft DNS in combination with Plesk

G

Gideon-82

this is a BUG REPORT. There is an issue with the integration between Plesk and the Windows DNS server. The issue is as follows:

I've setup a server with Windows 2008 SP2 X64 with Plesk 9.2.1 .Windows DNS is the DNS name server used. We've setup a second server that runs our secondary DNS. However, the second server only updates the SOA record. The other records added will NOT be copied to the secondary server.

This is NOT a configuration issue on our side!

If I add an A record manually using the DNS manager in Windows, the synchronization works instantly and just fine. However, if I add an A record using Plesk, the primary name server updates correctly. The secondary name server will NOT get updates (besides the SOA record). This has the following effect: The zones are out of sync, while according to the SOA they ''appear'' to be in sync!!

I believe this is a big issue and hope that you'll solve it very soon.

We believe that Plesk doesn't trigger the notify function on Windows DNS correctly. This is causing big problems for us and we're sure that the problem is caused by the way Plesk deals with Microsoft DNS. Maybe it has to do with the way Plesk changes the DNS records? I'm positive that your engineers can solve this.

Assistence welcome!

Attention bump. Still no word from Parallels. I've e-mailed them the contents of this topic.
I do believe there are many companies affected by this, but just not aware!

If you're running Windows servers with Windows DNS and Plesk. You probably are affected.

It works correctly if I set the primary DNS server to BIND. So guess i've to use this workaround. However, i run Windows for a reason and rather use all MS tools. Including DNS. Please do attend this issue!

Back