• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Question Docker with SSL

ntropy

New Pleskian
Hello there,

I have a question regarding SSL Docker support via Plesk. I have been searching the forum for help and found some posts about my issue but I wasnt able to solve the problem so far.
I run a website and mailserver on Plesk Obsidian 18.0.27 - Update No. 1 and its working all great. I use letsencrypt and deny access to my services without a TLS connection.

But I am not able to reach my docker containers due to that. I read about that you have to use nginx and enable port forwarding, so I tried to install it via plesk updates and that worked out, I wasnt able to start the service tho in Plesk. Additionally the installation of nginx rendered my webpages to be inaccessible from the browser. Only an uninstall of nginx helped to recover the webpage availiability.

In Plesk under "Websites & Domains" there is an option for "Proxy rules for docker". I have set that up, but it doesnt work, cant reach my docker container as well. As a docker container I tried several, from jitsi meet to just a simple webserver for testing purposes but no chance so far.

Could you maybe point me into the right direction on what I am missing. Seems like the port-forwarding is done by the Apache so all the tutorials for this problem talking about nginx dont help me. Maybe you have an idea.

Thanks for your help in advance,
Greetings ~ent

In Plesk under "Websites & Domains" there is an option for "Proxy rules for docker". I have set that up, but it doesnt work, cant reach my docker container as well.

Please make sure your Docker container is running.

By the way what is this Docker?

Back