• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Does PHP mail message size contribute to Plesk traffic

K

Kalimari

I've run /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/statistics --calculate-one --domain.com before and after sending to a subscriber list and only http increases, which would make sense as PHP runs under Apache, but it's a busy site and difficult to tell from this alone.

Does PHP mail message size contribute to Plesk traffic? Does anyone know for certain?

Thanks

PHP mail actually uses sendmail to queue the messages so it doesn't send them out via apache at all. The messages are dropped into the mail queue and are handled by your MTA.

To my knowledge I don't think there is any mechanism in place in the MTA to actually track mail being sent out via that method, and it would be rather difficult to do so since mail messages can be easily spoofed with bogus messange envelopes.

Thanks stupidnic, I kinda guessed PHP mail traffic wasn't being taken into account, but could find no clear documentation.

Back