• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Does Plesk 8 work with any Zend version????

J

jusu313

HAve been trying for hours to get Zend Optimizer installed on a Plesk 8 box without much success. Anyone has got these two working??

Right out of the box it did not work. After hours of researching I found the issue to be related to the order the modules where being loaded.

Originally posted by jusu313
Right out of the box it did not work. After hours of researching I found the issue to be related to the order the modules where being loaded.

Hours of researching ... it took me 5 minutes. The system tells you what's wrong (something like: you have to load ioncube before any other extension ...)

Originally posted by 14theWeb
Hours of researching ... it took me 5 minutes. The system tells you what's wrong (something like: you have to load ioncube before any other extension ...)

Good for you.

Make sure the ioncube line in your php.ini is before the zend lines.

Like this:

zend_extension = /usr/local/psa/var/cgitory/PPWSE-1.1-1.1/lib/ioncube/ioncube_loader_fre_4.4.so

extension = zip.so

extension = sitebuilder.so

[Zend]
zend_extension_manager.optimizer=/usr/local/Zend/lib/Optimizer-2_6_2
zend_extension_manager.optimizer_ts=/usr/local/Zend/lib/Optimizer_TS-2_6_2
zend_optimizer.version=2.6.2
zend_extension=/usr/local/Zend/lib/ZendExtensionManager.so
zend_extension_ts=/usr/local/Zend/lib/ZendExtensionManager_TS.so

Funny thing is we've got ioncube

PHP 4.4.2 (cgi) (built: Feb 19 2006 19:45:50)
Copyright (c) 1997-2006 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v1.3.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2004 Zend Technologies
with the ionCube PHP Loader v3.0.10, Copyright (c) 2002-2005, by ionCube Ltd.

but php.ini shows absolutely no trace of ioncube -- and yes I"m looking at the right php.ini file

Originally posted by Ronny

but php.ini shows absolutely no trace of ioncube -- and yes I"m looking at the right php.ini file

Mine is exactly the same.. very weird.

Originally posted by Ronny

I think that php.ini looks for aditional configurations files. Try to look at phpinfo():

etc/php.d/bcmath.ini, /etc/php.d/dba.ini, /etc/php.d/dom.ini, /etc/php.d/gd.ini, /etc/php.d/imap.ini, /etc/php.d/ioncube-loader.ini, /etc/php.d/ldap.ini, /etc/php.d/mbstring.ini, /etc/php.d/mysql.ini, /etc/php.d/mysqli.ini, /etc/php.d/ncurses.ini, /etc/php.d/odbc.ini, /etc/php.d/pgsql.ini, /etc/php.d/sitebuilder.ini, /etc/php.d/snmp.ini, /etc/php.d/soap.ini, /etc/php.d/xmlrpc.ini, /etc/php.d/xsl.ini, /etc/php.d/zip.ini

HEre is the easiest solution:

Remove the [Zend] section from /etc/php.ini

Add it to the ioncube_loader.ini file AFTER the line loading ioncube.

The default Zend installation makes it's changes to php.ini. I'd imaginge that if you tell it initially to modify ioncube-loader.ini instead of php.ini you will experience less difficulty.

I have both running on my Plesk 8 boxes.

hope this helps.

I seem to be having the same or simular issue. I've installed ZendOptimizer-2.6.2-linux-glibc21-i386.tar.gz, I've modified the php.ini to remove:

[Zend]
zend_extension_manager.optimizer=/usr/local/Zend/lib/Optimiz er-2_6_2
zend_extension_manager.optimizer_ts=/usr/local/Zend/lib/Opti mizer_TS-2_6_2
zend_optimizer.version=2.6.2
zend_extension=/usr/local/Zend/lib/ZendExtensionManager.so
zend_extension_ts=/usr/local/Zend/lib/ZendExtensionManager_T S.sond/lib/ZendExtensionManager_TS.so

I created a file in php.d called zend.ini and pasted the above into it.

My server and cp run fine however when I go to a site that uses Zend all I see id the page stating that I need to install Zend.

example http://www.localaffair.com/

My php config can be seen here

http://www.towerhosting.com/php.php

I'm running FC4 with Plesk 8.0.1 everything works great except Zend.

Any help will be much appriciated as I have gone over this several times and can not find the issue.

PS I've also tried ZendOptimizer-3.0.1-linux-glibc21-i386.tar.gz and same issue.

EDIT: I am now on v3.0.1, still same issue.

Here is some additional info which might help:

# php -v
PHP 5.0.4 (cli) (built: Nov 8 2005 08:27:12)
Copyright (c) 1997-2004 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.0.4-dev, Copyright (c) 1998-2004 Zend Technologies
with the ionCube PHP Loader v3.1.16, Copyright (c) 2002-2006, by ionCube Ltd., and
with Zend Extension Manager v1.0.10, Copyright (c) 2003-2006, by Zend Technologies
with Zend Optimizer v3.0.1, Copyright (c) 1998-2006, by Zend Technologies

# php -i | grep php.ini
Configuration File (php.ini) Path => /usr/local/Zend/etc/php.ini

# php -m
[PHP Modules]
bz2
calendar
ctype
curl
dbx
dio
dom
exif
ftp
gd
gettext
gmp
iconv
imap
ionCube Loader
ldap
libxml
mbstring
mime_magic
mysql
mysqli
openssl
pcntl
pcre
posix
pspell
session
shmop
SimpleXML
sitebuilder
sockets
SPL
standard
sysvmsg
sysvsem
sysvshm
tokenizer
wddx
xml
xsl
yp
Zend Optimizer
zip
zlib

[Zend Modules]
Zend Extension Manager
Zend Optimizer
the ionCube PHP Loader

Problems conitnues

Hi,
None of your suggestions fixed my problems. I just can't get Zend running on my Plesk 8.0 (FC3) box. I tried two latest versions with same result. After successful install the Apache won't start. I get that error about ionCube loader, but I don't have ionCube installed. All I see is an empty directory /usr/lib/ioncube.
Can anyone help me with this?
Thx

It's stupid that a fancy install program like Zend's would not check the ORDER of installation of modules and fix or at least warn ahead of time. I wasted an hour on getting ioncube_loader and zend at the same time.. -t

Back