• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Does SiteBuilder really require a separate IP for every published site

X

Xenboy

Does SiteBuilder 2 (for Linux) really require a separate IP address for every website it publishes as the documentation seems to suggest?

If so, this is really bad design and breaks the strict rules that ARIN uses for justification of dolling out new IPs.

I hope I'm just misreading things because this product will be useless to me if that is the case.

You are misreading. Where in the documentation does it say this?

When a client "publishes" their website, it is uploaded via FTP to a web server (can be the same server that sitebuilder is on if you like).

If you want the ability to publish to multiple servers, you need to pay extra licensing per IP address.

OK, but ll it asks for is hostname or IP. It doesn't ask for ftp login information. Does the user do that?

If you put a hostname in it does a lookup on the IP address, so it's basically the same.

Under "Site Management", you edit the user's site details, and select which "host" (from above) you want to publish to, and you also enter an FTP user/pass/directory.

The only two options I see when adding a host is hostname and active or not. Where are you supposed to add the ftp login details?

1. go to http://sitebuilder.your_domain.com/admin
2. Go to "Site Management"
3. Ensure that the site you are trying to publish has the ability to publish (Tick the account and click the "Allow Publish" button). I think you might also need it to be a non-trial account (Tick the account and click the "Trial to Regular" if not)
4. Click the "Site Alias" column for the site that you want to publish to the host you have added
5. Go to the "Publish Properties" page.