• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

domain administrator cannot change password

P

placain

In my Plesk 7.5.2, someone logged in as Domain Administrator cannot change their own password. As in - they log in as "somedomain.com", block on Domain Administrator, enter their new password twice, hit OK... they're sent back to the main domain menu page as if it succeeded... but their password has NOT been changed.

This is a known bug.... search the forums, i have posted a lot about it... i am working on a php script that i will distribute for free to allow users to change theyr domain password from outside plesk. using the creation utilities.... i do not have a fix other than this... lets hope Sw-Soft reads this stuff soon and fix it.

I opened a ticket with sw-soft, and lo and behold 24 hours later there's a patch (a replacement for /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/DomainUserManager.php) sitting in my inbox.

Hopefully SWsoft doesn't see anything wrong with me posting this...

Eugene Chernykh of SWsoft sent me this file.

This applies to Plesk 7.5.2 for Linux.

Replace the file /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/DomainUserManager.php with the php file within this ZIP file:

http://www.3e.org/local/DomainUserManager.zip

(I tried to attach the file and it didn't work...)

Make sure you get the capitalization right, and make sure you back up your old one just in case!

Has this been officially patched yet?

Hello,

Does anyone know if this has been officially patched yet? I'm dying to be able to change my password...

Back