1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

domain aliases and mailboxes

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by kerm1t, Nov 7, 2006.

1. kerm1t

kerm1t Guest

Hi,

I run a site, example.com, and also own example.org and example.net. I've set the latter two as aliases of example.com in Plesk (Domains > Domain Aliases).

This doesn't seem to create aliases for mail accounts though - for example, test@example.com exists, but mail to test@example.org or test@example.net just bounces ("no mailbox by that name"). Is there a way around this? Do I have to setup example.org and example.net seperately (ie not as domain aliases) in order to be able to create mailboxes on them?

2. poke

poke Guest

When you are adding the alias make sure you don't enter in www, when entering in the domain.

I can't think of anything else at the moment.

Good Luck ;)

3. kerm1t

kerm1t Guest

Thanks for the reply. I found a partial solution: for each aliased domain, you can enable/disable mail. Enabling causes the aliased domain to also also create aliases for the mailboxes.