1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

domain error

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by WF_H, Nov 11, 2007.

1. WF_H

WF_H Guest

Hi,
    I simply cannot add a domain without getting this error reteurned.

Failed domain creation: Unable to update domain data: Failed mail post-configuration: Can't create mail domain servie: mailManager-addDomain() failed: mailmng failed:
    MEAOPO.PostOffice.AddPostOffice failed for name domain.ext [domain.ext]
    ---------------------- Debug Info -------------------------------
    0: C:\Program Files (x86)\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\htdocs\domains\create_domain.php:146

What is wrong?

2. DmitryT

DmitryT Guest

Actually this error means that domain with such name already exists within Mail Server Configuration. Please check it in Mail Enable Administrator > Postoffices and remove if necessary. Probably, you already tried to add such domain before :) But some how it was not removed from ME properly.

3. WF_H

WF_H Guest

Hi,

The domain was indeed still listed. I've deleted the domain and tried again, but I now recieve this error:
    Failed domain creation: Unable to update domain data: Unable to create dumps directory: Execute websrvmng --add-domain "--domain-name=domain.ext" failed: Invalid pointer (COM Error 80004003) at addLinkSite(webmail, D:\inetpub\vhosts\webmail)
    ---------------------- Debug Info -------------------------------
    0: C:\Program Files (x86)\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\htdocs\domains\create_domain.php:146

Any other suggestions?

4. alta

alta Regular Pleskian

try to perform the following commands in command line:

cd %plesk_bin%
    websrvmng --remove-sites-cache

Hope it will help you

5. aaaa74

aaaa74 Guest

after runing that I have the following error

C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\bin>websrvmng --remove-sites-cache
    Invalid pointer (COM Error 80004003) at addLinkSite(webmail, C:\inetpub\vhosts\w
    ebmail)

6. DmitryT

DmitryT Guest

Please try to remove site cache directly from the registry. The exact registryt branch is:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PLESK\PSA Config\Config\SitesCache

Then reconfigure IIS in accordance with Plesk database:

> %plesk_bin%\websrvmng.exe --reconfigure-all

This should finally resolve the issue.