• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Domain Forwarding Error Notifications

O

onaweb

I set this up a domain as a standard forwarder. I see where it places the extra / at the end of the address. Can anyone explain how to get rid of that? Such as domain.net farwards to domain.com but shows up as domain.net//

I also have a problem in that I am now receiving e-mail notifications that domain.net is a problem domain in that it is going over its traffic limit.

Limit has been exceeded on domain 'domain.net' owned by client 'abc' (Contact name 'John Smith'): Disk space usage: 0
Disk space limit: 0
Traffic: 3.03 K
Traffic limit: 0

How do I take care of this problem? Once I setup the forwarding, there doesn't appear any place to set the traffic limit.

Thank you,
Andy

I have figured out how to get rid of the extra "/".

But I still have not figured out how to set the traffic limit for a standard forwarding domain.

I continue to receive these error messages and have since disabled all error notifications, but this does not correct the problem. I would like to have notifications enabled but no one should be receiving problem domain notifications on a forwarding domain name. Does anyone else experience this problem and how did you take care of it?

Notifications...

I like the notifications "idea" but cant seem to get them to work properly on my server either....

I just turned them off except for admin notifications... This way when I get one, I research and the just send the client an email directly.

Hope that helps...

Anjari

Onaweb,

This problem you are having "the extra / at the end" was solved in one of the recent hotfixes! Make sure you are up to date with your hotfixes and service pack!...

As far as exceeding the traffic limit check your Client traffic limit and Domain traffic limit! The sum of all your domain limits including your standard forwarding domain should not exceed the Client limit or you will get notifications!...

Hope this helps!
Ricardo...:cool:

softpac2000,
The / was not fixed with any updates on my server. I recently installed the AutoUpdater and gives me the message that there are not any updates available. Anyway, I did fix it manually in IIS.

As for the notifications, traffic limit for the client is set to 3GB. Totally they have received about 40KB in traffic, but I receive error messages everyday because of the forwarders (or parked domains). These domains have traffic but have a limit of 0 set. Because they are forwarders I can not figure out how to change the traffic limit. When I go into setup for that domain, once I click that it is a forwarder it doesn't ask me for disk or traffic limits and I have not found any place to edit this info.

Thanks for you help,
Andy

Got it!! I missed it before and had to do some tweaking to figure out how to do it. When you click under the domain, I missed the faucet icon for Limits. Set that up, now my question for everyone is this, the plan that this client is under allows for 3GB of traffic per month. He has 3 domains, Plesk will not allow you to set each domain with 3GB of traffic as that would go over the client limit of 3GB. This is not a problem and I understand that, but now how do you divide up the traffic limit between the 3 domains. It is obvious that domain1.com will be the major domain with the most traffic so it would not be wise to just give each of them 1GB or he will receive errors on the domain1.com over limit each month. So then how would you divide it up, what I did was gave his main domain 3GB and the other 2 each 1GB, but then his client limit is up to 5GB - any other ideas?

Thanks,
Andy

Onaweb,

The Autoupdater does not apply any hotfixes that require rebooting and I beleive most of the new hotfixes do require rebooting. I remember getting the same message and had to apply them manually!...

As far as the domains is concerned if the client has 3 GB limit but one of the domains gets the most traffic then I would set it up like this:

Domain1 1500 MB
Domain2 700 MB
Domain3 700 MB
Standard Forwarding Domain 1 MB

Your are going to have to play it by ear... and adjust the totals as you go. or Set limits by domain... Let the client decide how much traffict per domain he needs and charge him accordingly.

If I am not wrong I think you can also just set the client limit to 3GB and select unlimited in the domains. That way they will all share the 3GB limit!... Not sure on this one but you can give it a try!...

The Standard forwarding domain can't be "0" or you will get an over the limit notification. You can make it any number as long as when you add all of them up it doesn't exceed the client quota!...

Hope this helps!
Ricardo...:cool:

Back